• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just Joined Feel Oddly Nervous!!

Hi there,

I've just joined the forum, I'm a first time poster but I've been lurking for a while :lol: Have no idea why I feel nervous but here's my story!!

So was diagnosed at 22, Im 32 now, celebrated my 10yr Crohniversary in May! I was firstly diagnosed with UC then it was quickly changed to Crohns. A few years down the line and they're calling it Complicated Crohns Colitis...well least it rhymes!!

It seems to me that from the day I was diagnosed and my symptoms had a name, I've never been well since. I'm one of those like so many of you that hasnt really responded to meds. Was given Remicade, got TB after the third infusion. Had nine months of TB treatment and gave it another shot, resulting in anaphylaxic shock.
Then tried Humira, had been on that for 5 years, never got me into the elusive remission but I was well enough to get out and about.

About 18 months ago I had a Major flare, my worst to date and there have been Many! Couldn't get it under control so I was looking at a permanent Ileostomy. It was a huge shock to me. In the end I said I would try Mtx before I agreed to surgery. It has been working well enough, have just introduced Cimzia in the hope of stopping the Mtx, not going so well at the moment hence me joining the forum!!

Wow that was long, sorry!! Anyway, thats my story, looking forward to getting to know you all!

Welcome to the forum! I don't have any experience with any of those meds bit like you when my son was dx I lurked for a time before the first post! I hope you fund remission soon!

David

Co-Founder
Hi LucyLoo and welcome :)

Thanks for joining and sharing your story!

Out of curiosity, when you were on the treatment for TB, how were your bowel symptoms during that time?

Again, welcome to the community. We're here for you anytime you need us!

Judith

Crohnsforum Science Advisor
Welcome to CrohnsForum LucyLoo,
I am so sorry you have been having such a hard time with your health. I hope you will feel comfortable with us very soon. As I am sure you are already aware, there are so many great people on the Forum. :)
I am glad you decided to officially post so I could welcome you.
Sending remission wishes to you. Please keep us updated. I hope the Cimzia finally works for you.

Thanks Guys!!

David, for the first three months or so of TB medication my symptoms kinda went a bit haywire, I wouldnt say I was well but things seemed a bit more manageable. Oddly enough I didnt notice it for the first few weeks, I think the TB and meds took over my attention. I do remember however going back after the first round of meds and mentioning it to them, but when I got the next round things settled down and I was back to ''normal''.

David

Co-Founder
So during the first round of TB meds your intestinal symptoms reduced? And then when the second (different?) round of TB meds were given, the intestinal symptoms got bad again?

Yeah I was on three different TB meds (Im not sure if thats the norm) but on the first lot there was a reduction in bowel symptoms, I wasnt symptom free I never have been but there was a definite reduction in trips to the toilet! I was verrrrry sick at the time though, I actually can't remember much of the detail. I just remember going back after a fairly short time (maybe a month/6weeks) on the first lot of meds and mentioning my symptoms were reduced. And then on starting the second lot everything came back with a bang!
Have you had a similar experience?

David

Co-Founder
No, I've never had TB. I just like to know people experiences with TB and how they feel since intestinal TB can be a differential diagnosis for Crohn's Disease.