• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello From Naples

My name is Scott, I live In beautiful Naples Florida and have had Chronic Crohns Disease and Deep Vein Thrombosis for 14 years. I have had 36 colonoscopies and 5 ft of my colon removed. On average I spend 3 months a year in the Hospital due to my condition. Although over time it has seemed to get somewhat better, I have recently had a week long Hospital stay. The only thing that works for me is Prednisone which can be as bad as the disease, that and Asacol (sp). I have not tried Humira but it has been suggested. My girlfriend is helping me with my diet and that has been helpful.
Anyway, its nice to have found the forum.

Welcome to the forum! Wow you have sure been through alot! My son, 16 is at the beginning of his journey and we went straight to remicade, still trying to find the optimal schedule and med combo but he feels so much better!

You may want to have a look around the diet subforum as there is a lot of information and different experiences with different diets there.

This forum is full of wonderful people and I'm sure some will be by with a welcome and great advice or experiences!

Welcome! It sounds like you have been through a lot. I have recently been diagnosed with Crohn's disease after developing a DVT. I was immediately started on Cimzia and am slowly improving. I would recommend considering a biologic as it sounds like you definitely have severe disease. Best wishes...

Hi Scott.
Good to meet you. I live in Plantation, FL. I tried Remicade and it failed for me. I just started HUMIRA so will see how that goes. Giving myself shots will take some getting used to. Have a big bruise from one already!! Good luck.

David

Co-Founder
Hey Scott and welcome. I'm with the others, it sounds like a biologic might be in order.

What sorts of changes has your girlfriend made to your diet?

All my best to you.