Share Facebook

02-19-2013, 01:37 AM   #61
furiousfunker
Forum Monitor

Okay Question: Some of the recipes call for kale and swiss chard, my only concern....do these work as a laxative, should I be home soon after drinking them?? Im kinda new to Crohns soo is it the ruffage that makes you "go" ??
I was told to avoid the ruffage because of the narrowing in my bowel, this would mean the fibre could get stuck and cause a blockage

Juicing removes the fibre, or a lot of it so you still get the good stuff from the fruit and veg, but leave the fibre behind
02-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #62
scottsma

My Support Groups:
Todays juice was.......4 carrots,2celery sticks,1beet,1/3 cucumber,8radishes and 1inch ginger and 1 apple.Delicious.
02-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #63
SoOoO CoNfuSeD

My Support Groups:
I have been loving all the great recipes posted on here. Juicing has definitely been helping me A LOT. So thanks for all these great ideas. I try to stay clear of fruits, but i'll mix it up once in a while especially when i feel good. I don't have a cool name for this one and i'm not sure how beneficial nutritiously it is, but i've been enjoying it every now and then and particularly enjoy it in the morning. Here it is:

4 oranges
4 kiwis
3-4 sticks of kale (leaves and all)

While i'm here, anyone have any thoughts on juicing kiwis? Haven't found much about it. The seeds worried me at first, but realized that they really don't come through the juicer... Thanks all and hope juicing is helping you guys as much as it is for me.
02-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #64
scottsma

My Support Groups:
I think you should just enjoy experimenting.Your juice sounds good and I will try it.I usually stick to juicing veggies as I feel I get more nutrients from them.Lots of people blend fruits and have smoothies as well as juicing veggies.I do juice apples though,to add sweetness.Enjoy.
03-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #65
squeaky

anyone use the nutri-bullet instead of a juicer. and if so any receipes, I just bought one
ann bataller

Diagnosed at 25, 1982
2 resections 1989, 1999
vit b12 shots monthly
no meds at moment
04-21-2013, 12:30 AM   #66
Luckystar715

If someone was just beginning juicing, should they start with a detoxer? Or start with regular juice recipe? Thanks!
04-21-2013, 01:05 AM   #67
Ya noy

If someone was just beginning juicing, should they start with a detoxer? Or start with regular juice recipe? Thanks!
I don't know about that. The first few days in a detoxing diet can make healthy people feel a little nauseated, along with causing pain and diarrhea, side effects which could become severely intensified for someone with crohns. Until you know how your body is going to react, it might be wise to take it slow in the beginning.
04-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #68
Luckystar715

Thanks! any recommendation on a beginner juice?
04-22-2013, 04:41 AM   #69
scottsma

My Support Groups:
I always use carrots as a base juice and today I Juiced 3 carrots,2 apples and 1 pear.Usually I juice beetroot,sweet potato (peeled)celery,cucumber,kale,spinach,tomatoes and whatever takes my fancy.I hope you enjoy experimenting.
04-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #70
grumpygut

My Support Groups:
The Swamp Water Special

3-4 leaves kale or spinich
1 cucumber
1 apple
2-3 carrots
2 stalks of celery
handful of parsley
1 lemon (peeled)
1/2 inch piece of ginger

Kale will make the juice a murkier green color, hence the name Swamp Water Special. Using spinich wil give the juice a greener color.