• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newbie with HUMIRA

Hi all I am new to this forum. My name is Andrea. Just had a second treatment of HUMIRA. Found out in June I have a fistula. May need bowel resection surgery in the near future and scared to death over this. Remicade failed on me last year. In 2010 almost died and was hospitalized for a week as I also have diverticulitis and colitis. Very scarey at the moment facing this surgery. I am also taking Prednisone. Have a great GI been with him over 15 years.

David

Co-Founder
Hi Andrea and welcome! I'm glad you found your way here.

Ugh, I can't imagine how scary that must be :( I'm sorry you're being faced with this! Hopefully the Humira does the trick. But while surgery is no doubt scary, if you're like most on this forum, once you're done with it, you'll say you wish you had it long ago :) I can't count how many times I've seen such a statement here. We do have a surgery forum located here which is under our Treatment section if you haven't seen it and want to connect with others facing the same or who have already been through it.

Do you know how much and what specific area of your intestines they would remove?

All my best to you!