Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Extra Intestinal Manifestations » Constant mucus in the throat

10-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
Yannick

Constant mucus in the throat

Hey guys I have a problem, and no doctor have found what I have so maybe some one else have or had the same problem and know how to fix it.... I have constant mucus in my throat like 24/7 I can burp it out or swallow it and it will come back. I feel like some one is squizing my neck. The part of the throat at the bottom of the neck where it becomes soft. I have no mucus in the nose just in the throat.

I was given GERD medication because I tought maybe that was the problem but it didn't work... I even had a flare during that time I don't know if it was because of the pantoprazole but I never had a flare before . Anyway, any of you know what it might be? I drink allot of water but it doesn't help....

Thanks guys
10-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
Avw

My Support Groups:
I have a lot of mucus from coughing.. Nasty smoker's cough. Aside from having a post-nasal drip, which you said you don't have, I can't think of any other reason to have mucus in your throat. Cough and/or Nasal drip are all I can think of... Have you had your tonsils out?

Previous Medications:
Every oral medication,
Remicade,
Humira,
Cimzia, etc..

Currently Taking:
LDN 3 mg
VSL #3
Prednisone 10 mg
Flagyl 1000 mg
Entocort
Protonix
Xanax as needed

Insurance still rejecting appeals for Stem Cell Transplant. Tested positive for JCV Antibody so Tysabri is not an option. Searching for matches in Cord Blood Registry and working with an attorney to fight insurance company. Fingers and toes crossed!
10-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #3
Yannick

No I still have my tonsil.
10-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
Avw

My Support Groups:
Are they swollen or red?
10-07-2012, 12:09 AM   #5
sid

I too get mucus in teh throat almost all aday...but I find it go away when am not thinking about it or busy doing something. I gt this feeling of pulling out mucus from my throat and dont get relief until I do it. I too think tonsils have a role to play here...daily gargling with salt water has helped me though.

Crohn's since Jan 2011.

No meds.
Diet as per ayurveda.
Vitamin D and B12 shots.
Currently experimenting with Probiotics, starting 2016.
And a large joint mad family, thus stress cant touch me.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Extra Intestinal Manifestations » Constant mucus in the throat