• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

"New Member My Story"

Hello, I'm new to the forum so here's my story.My name is Patrice I'm 30yrs old and was diagnosed with Crohns in1990 when I was 8yrs old. Never really was bothered with Crohns as a kid after being diagnosed. In 2006 it hit me hard. had a lower bowel ressection due to an abscess. Stuggled for a couple yrs trying to find. the best meds for me. I was in remission on imuran up until a couple weeks ago. And I'm currently being considered for Humira. Well that's me in a nutshell. Looking forward to interacting with the members and making new friends who have been diagnosed.

Welcome,

Crohn's likes to sneak up on us, that's for sure.

I have not used Humira either, but I sure hope it works for you.

Let us know how this turns out.

Dan

I also was on imuran for about 6 years. It did great and then there was a time I was on nothing. Just recently I have been put back on prednisone. I am curious to know about this humera as well. I hope all goes well for you. Just remembef that it can and will get better.

Thanks you guys for the warm welcome I spoke with my dr yesterday and he described a new treatment he'd like me to try instead of humira its certolizumba also an self injection so I read up on it and it seems to be a GO for me. So I'll see how it goes and update