Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » New symptoms / dilemma

10-18-2012, 05:06 AM   #1
Taylor_1989

New symptoms / dilemma

I introduce myself last week, saying that I am test for crohns next Thursday via conlooscpy, I have had various symptoms as I have described, but this one is new, and I have no idea what to do. I exp from time to time bout of diarrhea, to normally, to constipated bm, which last a day a most, diarrhoea maybe two. Now last week I kept getting slight pains in my abdomen area last a split sec the go away, I throught nothing of it, I knew my stomach did not feel right; but I ignored it.I carry on having normall bm until Monday, then Tuesday, wednesday, and today I seem I can't go, and if I do little to nothing. My constipation has never lasted this long, and I keep getting the little tweaks of pain in the abonmen, now I don't know if the pain is through strains or not. I am concerned because my diet is quit good, plenty fruit veg, ect so I shouldn't have a problem. I took a laxative yesterday " stool softener" yet nothing. I really don't know what to do my stomach keeps making noises which I understand to be a good sign, so no block, also I am not bloated, either which I understand in anthouter sign of block. Should I ring my g.i and explain the situation or wait another day, has this happend to anyone before?
10-18-2012, 05:13 AM   #2
StarGirrrrl

My Support Groups:
I think if you're concerned enough to think about calling your GI then you should

2014 IDA & low B12.

June 2014 admitted to Hospital 3 nights as emergency transfused 2 units of blood. Dangerous case of anaemia.
Caught by pure chance!
Cause currently unknown but suspected CD.

Waiting on blood & stool results from January.

Hoping to stop anaemia treatment soon & lower B12 daily dose!
10-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
Ihurt

My Support Groups:
Well a stool softener will not make you go, it is not a laxative really, it just adds a bit of moisture to the stool, thats all. How many days has it been since you went???

I also am still going through the realm of testing to try and find out what is wrong with me. I also get that where I go everyday and then out of nowhere I cant go but it kind of feels like I gotta go, but would have to push a lot of even get anything out. I also have those random sharp pains as well at times. I also get nervous if I do not go for more than a day or two. I asked my gastro doc about it, I mean when I should worry that I have not went. He said the rule of thumb is like 5 days. But he said he has patients ( IBS patients) who will only go once every two weeks!! I myself would be gorging on every laxative on the market if I did not go within 4 days, but that is me. I feel so awful I I do not go for a couple days.

If your pain gets really bad or worsens, then I would definitely call the GI doc and let him know. Have you tried prune juice by chance? I know it is not the best tasting, but it can be beneficial. Juts be careful not to go overboard with it. I made that mistake once. I drank a 10 ounce glass and since nothing happened that first hour, I figured it was not working and that I needed more. Well, lets just say 5 hours later, the flood gates opened! Hope you feel better soon....
10-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #4
Taylor_1989

Been 3 day, well including today. The pains come and go, they seem to last a sec and go so not fussed, I can cope with that. I tried prunes, can't get the juice, ain't helped so far, but I will see what happens. Thanks for the advice, so I probs panic after 5 days, but that will be near my colposcopy, date so I will be on the industrial cleaner they given me to prep. If that dont help my stomach, the I have a bigger probs than I thought.

P.s hope you get some ans soon as well sounds like ur as confused as me ATM.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » New symptoms / dilemma