• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I come from the land down under (Australia)

Hey fellow peps, its great to see such a large forum full of people who want to make a difference in their lives INSPIRATIONAL.

My names JT,
I was diagnosed with Crohn's at the age of 2. From 2-12 had many fistulous was a vegetarian during that period (Milk but no eggs). From 12-present (23) had more inflammation along the large intestine. Age 18 stricture at the junction of small and large had that surgically removed and joined up. Last year had a stricture at the join of the small and large at the same spot and now have an colostomy bag with the option to remove the bag later down the track.

I've been inspired to be a role model for kids with Crohn's and I aspire to be the best version of myself mentally, physically and emotionally (which I will blog about later).

At the moment I'm working on making covers for colostomy bags with cool designs on them to give to kids in hospitals.

Also if theirs any young people in Sydney that need support or help please feel free to reach out to me :)

Also at the moment I've been looking into this cool website google bulletproofexec and they have some really great information in their podcasts regarding diets and hacking the body.

At the moment I'm going on a meat and veg diet and avoiding toxic foods with mycotoxins and grains which has been proven to spike crohns.

Thanks for the welcome AB.

I'm feeling absolutely awesome at the moment. I'm on Imuran 25mg and thats it. My vit D levels were really now at 22 units about a month ago and now are at 66 units :) I've been taking D3 at 9-6000 unit per day. I have osteo from all the prednisone so I'm looking to cure that with the help of vitamins and supplements...And I have remicade every 8 weeks. My doctors are just monitoring my liver and my CRP levels at the moment.

I will join the stoma forms.

David

Co-Founder
Hey there JT and welcome! What a cool idea making bag covers for kids. That's brilliant. Good for you :)

Out of curiosity, what foods contain mycotoxins?

All my best to you.

I highly recommend going through the website and listening to the podcasts as they has lots and lots of information on diet and hacking the body.