• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Symptoms

Our daughter has Crohn's, down syndrome, achalasia, thyroid problems, diabetes, and an ostomy, and she had a psychotic episode and no longer speaks. We do not know what pain she may be feeling or where that pain, ache, whatever is localized. She has a very high tolerance for pain and rarely shows discomfort, so we have a hard time trying to figure out what she is experiencing. We would appreciate any input anyone may have on what living with Crohn's is like. Thank you.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Welcome to the forum:) I'm afraid that each of us with crohn's may be a little different. So, there is no one exact diagnosis. But, here are a few things that I have seen with my time with crohn's. Hope this might help some.

-Stomach pain when hungry/full
-Nausea
-Diarrhea/stool with blood
-Dripping blood from the anal area into toilet
-fatigue

David

Co-Founder
Hi Thales.

Wow, your poor daughter :( My heart goes out to your entire family.

The best advice I can give is read the stories of members here. Their experiences should give a pretty good insight into what life with Crohn's can be like. You'll see both ends of the spectrum and everything in between.

All my best to you.