Share Facebook

10-19-2012, 12:07 AM   #1
Thales

Symptoms

Our daughter has Crohn's, down syndrome, achalasia, thyroid problems, diabetes, and an ostomy, and she had a psychotic episode and no longer speaks. We do not know what pain she may be feeling or where that pain, ache, whatever is localized. She has a very high tolerance for pain and rarely shows discomfort, so we have a hard time trying to figure out what she is experiencing. We would appreciate any input anyone may have on what living with Crohn's is like. Thank you.
10-19-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Welcome to the forum I'm afraid that each of us with crohn's may be a little different. So, there is no one exact diagnosis. But, here are a few things that I have seen with my time with crohn's. Hope this might help some.

-Stomach pain when hungry/full
-Nausea
-Diarrhea/stool with blood
-Dripping blood from the anal area into toilet
-fatigue

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday or Mesalamine DR 1.2gm 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday, Tylenol 3 with codeine 300-30mg (when needed)

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday

UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350
10-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
David
Co-Founder

Hi Thales.

Wow, your poor daughter My heart goes out to your entire family.

The best advice I can give is read the stories of members here. Their experiences should give a pretty good insight into what life with Crohn's can be like. You'll see both ends of the spectrum and everything in between.

All my best to you.