Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » It's really all too much sometimes

10-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
Gwynne

It's really all too much sometimes

Hi Everyone,

My name is Gwynne... i've been diagnosed with crohn's disease for almost 10 years now. It's been up and down. I had a major resection about 5 years ago which pushed me into remission long enough to be able to get pregnant and give birth to a beautiful little girl! She's 2 1/2 now!

Last year I started to flair up again... I am current taking imuran and remicade (which I had an allergic reaction to dose #3... thank god for the pre meds). I feel like it's killing me. The amount of joint pain I have is unreal.

Last year was a really hard year... my husband was diagnosed with MS. All of the extra stress is what I believed caused me to flair up.

Living in a house with 2 immunosuppressed parents... and a little girl who just started preschool and is brining all the germs home is ... hmmm... to put it nicely... challenging? We really try to be positive for her, but it's really hard sometimes. She knows mommy has a tummy boo boo. She does rub my belly sometimes which is nice.

I try to stay positive but it's so difficult. I thought this form might help.

Cheers,
Gwynne
10-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
SarahBear

My Support Groups:
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you and your husband are having so many health problems! What medication(s) are you on now?

I'm sure there will be difficult times with your daughter because of your illness, but just remember what an understanding and sympathetic woman she will grow into from having seen you two go through all this!
10-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
David
Co-Founder

Hey there Gwynne and welcome to the community. Thanks for joining.

I'm so sorry to hear you're experiencing so much joint pain, that must be rough If you look under our Treatment forum, there are subforums dedicated to both Imuran and Remicade if you want to connect with others on those medications. And if you'd like to interact with others dealing with joint issues, we have an arthritis subforum located here which is under the Extra Intestinal Manifestations forum.

I wish you and your family all the best.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » It's really all too much sometimes