• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Burning butt hole

sorry to be gross and all but i was wondering if any of you guys have been through this:

burning butt hole when farting and making a bowel movement solid or not. and i have cramps in my belly and sharp shooting pain in my butt hole sometimes and i am always so tired.
I found blood on Toilet paper
I have bad cramps
Super tired
i am on humira and had crohns for about a year now and in remission if this is not a flare. so i am still kind of new to this and my GI appt isnt till december 20th

so i need to know what it is and what i should do!

thank you much
emily!:)

Last edited:
I get that all the time. It feels like acid right on your anus.

It's like a cycle for me. I can be afflicted by that for a week and after that I am fine for a while.

I try to fart and the air itself feel;s like fire. Going to the bathroom is a real pain. And once you are clean it can burn for 5 or 10 minutes.

I get that all the time.

I asked my doctor for a special cream that freeze my ass for a while. Sometimes it help other times it makes it worse.

Good luck

Hi me too.

Mostly Under control with controlling when I eating and portion size. Minimized fluid and food intake during the day . Just crackers and fruit, tuna. At night I eat normal. Take gastrostop to slow everything down. Try to only go to the loo one per day.

Weekends are the worst as it is harder to be disciplined and i eat and drink to much.

When it is at its worst it is unbearably painful. Hope you find a solution.

Antacids won't help. Try Calmoseptine or anything with zinc. Calmoseptine is wonderful...it not only soothes and protects, but it has a cooling agent that chills the "ring of fire." You may have to order it at the pharmacy counter even though it is nonprescription and you can also get it on Amazon.com.

Hi, I tried Questran as well but found it gave me so much wind that it didn't seem worthwhile. I also found it difficult to time my medication with the Questran. If you end up trying it can you let me know how you go? Thanks.

The Cholestyramine helped me too, although timing with other meds is a pain. Do you see a colo-rectal doc as well as your GI? My colorectal surgeon has been most helpful, prescribing a nifedipine ointment that I can use twice a day that numbs/soothes, and most recently shot me up with some Botox where the sun don't shine that has helped my "kissing fissures" and resultant skin tags calm down. My GI doc just seems to tinker with the meds.