Share Facebook

10-28-2012, 01:23 AM   #1
Ozboz

My Support Groups:
Sensitive skin/hands

I was doing some work on my cousins car for a few hours today now my hands and palms the skin feels painfull and on my pals when I press the skin it hurts aswell and my finger tips feel swollen I know I have what my GI says is clubbing in the finger tips but they just feel weird.

Is this inflamation of the skin or something else
10-28-2012, 01:34 AM   #2
Jennifer
Adminstrator

Tough call, could just be from working on the car. I'm a sculptor so I deal with this issue all the time when I'm working on something for hours with my bear hands. I work in all mediums and the harsher ones like metal and stone (especially metal) really tears up your hands after a while. Its easier for them to get dry and split (worse than a paper cut) so you have to moisturize often. The pain usually goes away after a day or two or you get used to it (builds up a callus) after a while. My guess is overuse that your hands aren't used to but if it doesn't go away then talk to your doctor about it for sure.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
10-28-2012, 04:06 AM   #3
Ozboz

My Support Groups:
Thanks crabby I used to work as motor mechanic before I got sick and never had this problem even washing my hands 10+ times a day never really experienced anything like this before