• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Finally a Diagnosis

Hi all
I'm Tamica. From little Tasmania in Australia, I'm 23 with 3 children 1 biological daughter (3) and 2 step children (7,9).
For about 10-12 weeks now I've been suffering severe explosive diahreah that in the beginning I just assumed I had food poisoning or gastro bug. 2 weeks into this I went to my doctor and she did a stool sample and refered me to a gastroenterologist. After making my appointment, which is still 5 weeks away, my symptoms kept worsening, around 4 weeks ago I woke up one morning with extreme pain in my ankles and knees and found it hard to move, over the course of the last few weeks the pain extended to my hips and elbows and chest. This time last week extreme edema set in all over my lower legs and feet and spot bruising begun to occur. Back to doc again and she ordered me to hospital, stubborn me didn't come as i had a weekend away planned, well I never made it home off my weekend as leg swelling became so bad I couldn't move, rushed into my local hospital I was ran around and lots of tests done, gastro specilist performed an endoscopy yesterday morning and confirmed me with a diagnosis of Crohn's yesterday just after lunch. I am still in a bit of shock and slightly upset but pleased to finally have some answers and be starting some treatment in the next day or 2. =)
Thanks for listening, will pOst a bit better when I'm out of hospital and off my impossible to write on iPhone.

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the diagnosis, you have come to the right place though for lots of helpful info and support regarding this disease. Have the docs told you what med they plan to start you on?

AB
xx

Catherine

Tamica

I am also from Australia, I am the mother of a 17 year old girl who was dx with Crohn in January.

Welcome to the forum.

Hi Tamica :welcome:

I'm on the south coast of Victoria, so I can almost wave to you across Bass Strait.

I am so sorry to hear what you have been through but, hopefully, now that you have a diagnosis, things will start to improve.

Keep in touch - what one person here can't answer, somebody else will probably be able to... :hug:

David

Co-Founder
Hi Tamica and welcome.

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis but glad you finally have some answers. Please keep us updated as to how you're doing and what sort of treatment they have you on.

I hope you're feeling better real soon!