• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira. My side effects.

I have been taking humira( 40mg fortnightly) since April this year(2012). Previously I had been suffering severe flare ups with crohns and had been taking prednisilone for longer than desired. As soon as I r eached a low dose of pred. My symptoms would flare up again. Within two weeks of taking humira my symptoms had subsided and after a month it was as if I'd never had crohns disease, I still can't believe I have the condition.

Since taking humira I have been suffering with a terribly itchy neck and shoulders. Reading various comments on the forum this seems very common with people taking humira. Some question wether it is a symptom of Crohns. I think it is a side effect of humira as I started itching after taking this drug.

I have not yet found a cure for the itchiness but a cold wet flannel is the easiest way to relieve the itching.

The itching comes and goes and there is no rash. For the time being I can cope.

Hello Miss P! And welcome the the fourm!

I too am on Humira and I notice that it seems to dry out my skin faster then normal, especially the day or so after I inject. I usually use a lot of lotion for extra dry skin and that seems to help.

Hope that helps!

GJ

Thankyouu for the welcomes and advice.
I've only had my iPad for a few weeks and I'm stilla bit slow and unsure of all of its functions.
I'm glad to have found this site, it's like I've joined a big family.
I'm not sure how the site works yet and I'm unsure how to download any photos and add any more info . I'm sure I'll get the hang of it before long.
So please bear with me for a while.

David

Co-Founder
Hi there Miss P and welcome to the community! I'm so glad the Humira is working well for you! That's wonderful :) Too bad about the itchy neck but hopefully that goes off.

Again, welcome. I hope to see you around the community more often.