Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Microscopic Colitis » Results of MRI, what does it mean?

10-31-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
rollingrfarm

Results of MRI, what does it mean?

I had an MRI last week for my L1 wedge fracture. The info that the hospital sent me of all my tests said:
"Terminal ileum appears within normal limits. The descending and sigmoid colon appear thickened but this may due to nondistention."

I was diagnosed with ME about 5 years ago and that diagnoses was made using a tissue sample that looked at the number of mast cells. What does the thickening of the colon, that was observed in the MRI, mean?
10-31-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
Hmmm. I would expect to hear that with Crohns actually. Mine has places that are 'thickened' because of scar tissue.
DX Crohns Feb 2011, symtoms 1997, 2009 and then WHAM! Emergency surgery for perforated sigmoid, fistula through fallopian tube, septic and near dead: Colostomy-Stan was born 22/12/10. Another parastomal hernia, his name is Ollie and he is MONSTER size!
4gm Pentasa
6MP 50mg

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Microscopic Colitis » Results of MRI, what does it mean?