• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Do you carry a kit

Hey guys just wondering if you carry a "shit kit" that's what I call mine I carry a bag with me in it I have a roll of toilet paper god knows how many times I have ran to the toilet sat down not to have an accident and damn no paper to clean up with, then I also carry so baby r wet wipes just in case of an accident and I carry some diapers to change into if I find they help with clean up and smell I find it hard at the best of times to control my bowels, also some lastic carry bags to throw it all out and I have some disinfectant hand liquid and some pills in case I have pain or a painfull BM and my guts hurt after or if any other pain comes over me so how bout you I find this to be a life saver sometimes

Hi Ozboz, I never did. I hope you get better soon you so you don't have to do this for very long! LIfe shouldn't be that hard, at least not all the time.

I don t call it that.. but shit kit works, I always have toilet paper and spare pair of underwear and pants in the truck. My medical bag is buscopan and an antacid carry cream for the sore butt and imodium.
I plan my trips carefully do not eat much if I fly and know where every washroom is.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
When I was growing up my mom always had wet wipes and a spare change of underwear for me if I ever had an accident. She still keeps wet wipes in her purse just in case. I haven't adopted this habit yet unless I'm traveling. Hope you'll start feeling better soon. :)

I had a shit kit, though I rarely left the house before colectomy. Jeans, underwear, wipes, eucalyptus drops for the toilet, and even a pair of socks. Now my shit kit is just my ostomy supplies and I do leave the house a lot. :)

With an ostomy I always have an er-kit with spare bag in it. I also carry some wetwipes and a small tissue pac to use as tp or any other reason needed. I have a small pillbox that has some pain meds, salt tablets.. and some other mineral tablets (potassium, magnesium) and imodium. Just anything I may feel I need. Of and ofc hand sanitizer. These all are in my handbad and are with me everywhere I go.

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
I usually just keep a travel packet of wipes, travel packet of tissue and an extra pair of undies in my purse during a flare as well a few xanax to calm my mind. Because sometimes if I overreact to a stressful situation I am more likely to have a sudden sense of urgency.

I always have a spare pair of knickers in my bag, paracetamol and some antibacterial hand gel. I do keep loo roll and wet wipes in my car as that's when I am more likely to have issues!

Spare underwear , wipes/tissue in every coat I own. Pain killers and Asacol everywhere.
In work I keep a complete shower kit for when Im on shift and it all goes wrong and of course a change of clothes.
I find monitoring my movements ahead of time helps me stay somewhat in control. I mean if Im going on a trip then I will be very carefull what i eat previous and mostly dont eat before i leave home.

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
I find monitoring my movements ahead of time helps me stay somewhat in control. I mean if Im going on a trip then I will be very carefull what i eat previous and mostly dont eat before i leave home.
I also take extra care of what I am eating when I know I am going out soon and for long periods of time. Better to be safe than sorry, I tell myself.

I have had toilet paper in my trunk car since 2006! LOL pull over and go to the woods will do!
Yeah done that a few times myself got busted in the bushes at the beach once what can you do if you gotta go you gotta go.

Also my main problem are anal leaks of mucus and watery stuff I have absorption issues my stools are pretty formed but fly out due to the area where the poop stops and stores in the rectum being very inflamed so I have heaps of trouble controlling my motions gotta do the 30second dash sometimes and not always making it thats why I need a kit

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I don't have any in our cars. But, I do have a bag in my locker at work that has a spare pair of pants, underwear, plastic bag to put the soiled clothes in & I'm not sure exactly what else just in case of an accident at work.