• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Used Humira for a year-- no problems

I was diagnosed with CD in 1976. Two bowel respections -- 1976 & 1996. I was older when diagnosed - -30. My doc. put me on Humira last Nov. ( Did a lot of testing prior.). Shots are easy; no side affects, and haven't been sick. Don't worry much about catching flu,etc. probably should be more careful. Did get flu/pneumonia shots. Be careful in the sun -- burn easily, and more susceptible to skin cancer, so see your dermatologist regularly. Last colonoscopy, doc. said a lot of the inflammation was gone.

Don't know if this helps, but it's not as bad as it could be.

Phil H.

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I am so pleased at the Humira is doing the trick for you, we do have a sub forum for this if you would like to share your experience here: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59. Out of interest do the docs keep an eye on your vitamin levels given your previous ops?

Am glad you have deciced to join and hope to see you around the forum.

AB
xx

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hi and welcome to the forum! :D

Along with testing your vitamin levels (especially B12 for resections in the ileum) hope your doctor is doing regular blood work checking for inflammation. Glad you're doing well on the Humira. :) Wish it worked for me since it was pretty easy to do but I got sick too often. Again welcome to the forum! :)