Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Helena Lau of Oakville, Ontario

Old 11-07-2012, 12:04 PM
NameDr. Helena Lau
AddressOakville, Ontario
 Canada
WebsiteUnknown
Phone905-338-5428
BioUnknown
 View Directory Entry
11-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
PixieDust

Five or six years ago, my frustrated MD passed my case over to what she described as a "very gentle Asian woman". I have been blessed to be Dr. Lau's patient since. While at first I wasn't sure how to take her seemingly-insensitive and clinical bedside manner, she has since become my greatest support in trying to diagnose my IBD. I am able to discuss treatment plans, alternative options, even recommend papers and more with her, and feel very much part of the conversation. She is also very willing to contact others for second opinions, which I found refreshing. Her continued commitment to find the best treatment available to me has destroyed any thoughts I had that she was ever insensitive. I would highly recommend Dr. Lau to anyone wanting to see a GI who will let them get involved in the management of their chronic illness.

Rating:
4 / 5 Bedside Manner
4 / 5 Knowledgeable
5 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
5 / 5 Ease of accessibility

Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Helena Lau of Oakville, Ontario