• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello everyone

hi to everyone on the forum , my name is sean and i suffer from Crohn's im 22 and have had Crohn's symptoms since i was 15 , until i was 20 i was just told it was ibs but when i was 20 i was told i have Crohn's just now i am on 4 tablets of 2.5 mg lomotil , 3 135mg mebeverine and 2x 2g pentasa sachet a day , i have been doing a lot of reading on the forum before i finally signed up i am it my wit's end i never seem to have a normal day and always seem to have bad days more so from mondays to fridays in work i go to the restroom alot through nerves ? routine ? im not sure but hopefully the help on this fantastic forum and community of suffers combining together for each other i can feel "normal" i am the only one i know of friends and family who suffers from Crohn's or any ibd and always feel down in the dumps and have no were to turn to for help or relief thanks for reading and i look forward to being of help to the forum , Sean

Hi Sean, welcome. I hope you are able to get your symptoms under control. It is a very frustrating disease to say the least. Sounds as if your Crohn's is located more in your colon. I only say that because of the Pentasa. I too am on that. Not sure what to think of that drug. Hang in there. Have you looked into any support groups near where you live? I just went to my first meeting the other night and I'm glad I did.

hi ryan , i think it is there as i have all the pain in that area it seem , i dont think pentasa does alot for me , do you ? , i have not i never really thought about it as ive always been a shy and reserved person but at this stage i will try anything so this is something i ust look into , sean

Angrybird

Hello Sean and welcome to the forum :)

How often do you see your doc to check on how things are doing? If you are still getting symptoms on your current meds then they may not be strong enough, I know Pentesa only seems to be given for mild cases and I think our administrator David has mentioned how this isn't usually an ideal med for treatment of crohn's. Perhaps the docs need to be looking into an alternative for you. Also have ever tried changing your diet at all and if so does this help with symptoms?

Am glad you have now decided to join hun.

AB
xx

Sean, I am one of the shyest people you will ever meet. I never went to one dance in high school, not even prom. (Not sure what you guys call it over the pond). When I went to that support group it was like coming home to a house full of my best friends and there was a nice warm fire going as well. I actually felt needed. I'll be the first to say I don't have all the answers, and what I experienced may not be what others do or will. But, I am definitely going back next month.

As far as Pentasa. I really don't think it does much.

hi and thank you :) , i go to see the gastro doctor ? every few months in my local hospital my symptoms seem to have always been the same every day lots of bowel movements bloating and pain i dont think the meds have ever calmed this to to what would be a "normal" way , i have tried alot of various diets and still had the same symptoms x

thats really made me think about doing this ryan thanks for that ! im sure il be fine when i go its just the going step as such but i will take your advice and i will look into it and start going thanks alot ryan !

It's the 28 of this month actually :) so I'll be bringing this to attention to see if there's different meds I can be but on for hopefully better results