Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Meagan Costedio of Cleveland, Ohio

Old 11-08-2012, 04:04 PM
NameDr. Meagan Costedio
AddressCleveland Clinic Main Campus
 Cleveland, Ohio
 United States
Websitehttp://my.clevelandclinic.org/staff_directory/staff_display.aspx?DoctorID=14684
Phone(216) 445-7769
BioMeagan Costedio, MD, is a Staff Member in the Departments for Colorectal Surgery at both the Cleveland Clinic Main Campus and the Cleveland Clinic Willoughby Hills Family Health Center. Her specialty interests include, Minimally invasive colon surgery including robotics and single port, colon and rectal cancer, diverticulitis, and inflammatory bowel disease.

Dr. Costedio earned her medical degree from University of Vermont College of Medicine in Burlington Vermont, and stayed to complete internship and general surgery residency at Fletcher Allen Healthcare - University of Vermont. She also completed a colon and rectal surgery residency at Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio.

She is certified by the American Board of Surgery in General Surgery, and is a candidate member of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, and American College of Surgeons.
 View Directory Entry
11-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
ryanps

Dr. Costedio was my surgeon who performed both my ileostomy and reversal surgeries. She was able to remove my entire colon through my stoma site. My scar is about an inch wide. There was no need to cut through any of my stomach muscles either. Due to a hospital miscommunication I ended up with Dr. Costedio. The first surgeon wanted to take everything. The first time I met Dr. Costedio she sat down next to me and took my hand. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. Just about every other Dr. regarded me from the end of my bed occasionally glancing over the top of my chart. The first thing she said to me was, "Why would I take your rectum? I can leave it inside of you for 10 years before we have to make another decision about it." And the rest, as they say, was history. I really haven't looked back since.

Rating:
5 / 5 Bedside Manner
5 / 5 Knowledgeable
5 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
5 / 5 Ease of accessibility
01-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #3
corns.melanie

I am a 52yr old female that was diagnosed with Crohn's at the age of 33.Had 13 surgerys in the state of Wva. Had no problems until Aug 2012 had two colonscopy and a illaoscopy.put on TPN for food and nutrition. Then the doctors sent me home and said there was nothing they could do for me. So my daughter got online and found me the most amazin women i know not just a doctor but a friend,Dr.Costedio. When i first met her i weighed 93lbs and when i walk into her office i was scared. In Wv they told me that could not do nothing for me. After my office visit with her she look at me and said i believe i can fix u.Naturally i starting cryin.So i went home for 3months game back june 11 for surgery too remove those bags from my stomach something that no other doctor would touch.She did it lapascopic too no big scare or nothing. She made me whole again and back tooo recovery.Thanks so much Dr.Costedio for all the work u have done for me and made me a women again,and not only r u my doctor she is my friend. When u go too visit this women she made me feel like i was her friend not a patient.So wanted too let people know what a wonderful women this lady is.tks again for being my doctor......

Rating:
5 / 5 Bedside Manner
5 / 5 Knowledgeable
5 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
5 / 5 Ease of accessibility

Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Meagan Costedio of Cleveland, Ohio