Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Fitness and Exercise » Getting Back into Exercise Post-OP

11-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
katiesue1506

Getting Back into Exercise Post-OP

Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this the best way? I've got to get my abs back into shape but I'm afraid I'll pop a hernia.

I had emergency open laparotomy on 9-26 (so about a 7 inch scar) which ended in a ileostomy. I get medical clearance for doing exercise on 11-21 (next Wednesday) but I've started back into running a little.

I'm doing a 5K in 8 weeks training plan on RunKeeper and so far its going well. I don't have any pain while running but I'm pretty sore the next day (to be expected).

ANYWAYS... any suggestions on how to ease into ab work?
11-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
rygon

My Support Groups:
heres some good ab workouts, depending on what equipment you have: http://www.mensfitness.co.uk/exercis...d_sixpack.html

i'd suggest planks as a starter and just keep them down to a minimum to start off. Best to feel like you can do more after a week then spend a couple of weeks recovering

Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Fitness and Exercise » Getting Back into Exercise Post-OP