Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Cyrus Tamboli of Little Rock, Arkansas

Old 11-23-2012, 10:58 PM
NameDr. Cyrus P Tamboli
AddressUAMS 4301 West Markham Street
 Little Rock, Arkansas, 72205
 United States
Websitehttp://www.uamshealth.com/Physicians/ClinicalSearch/Details.aspx?sid=1&PhysicianId=2802
Phone501-686-8000
BioCyrus P Tamboli has joined UAMS as an Associate Professor of Medicine. He will be directing the Inflammatory Bowel Diseases services offered through the Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology at UAMS. Dr. Tamboli received his medical degree from the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Canada and also completed a residency in internal medicine and Gastroenterology fellowship (FRCPC) at the University of Alberta. Following this, Dr. Tamboli spent almost one year as a clinical research fellow at the Hospital Claude Huriez in CHRU de Lille, France and then also spent one year as GI fellow at the University of Iowa Hospitals and pursued a graduate training program in clinical investigation from the University of Iowa. Dr. Tamboli was most recently an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine.

Awards
• 2005: Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America Preceptorship Program in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
• 2004: American Gastroenterology Association Centocor Excellence in IBD Clinical Research Award
• 2001: GR Graham Postgraduate Memorial Bursary in Medicine, University of Alberta
• 2001: 1st Prize, Subspecialty Research Presentations, Department of Medicine, University of Alberta
• 1993: Dr. Gordon D. Brown Diabetes Training Award, Muttart Diabetes Research & Training Centre, Department of Medicine, University of Alberta
• 1993: Dean’s Honors, MD Program, Faculty of Medicine, University of Alberta
• 1992: 1st-Place Class Rank, Division of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Medicine, Queen’s University at Kingston, Canada
• 1992: Reuben Wells Leonard Scholarship Award, Division of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Medicine, Queen’s University at Kingston, Canada
• 1991: 1st-Place Class Rank, Division of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Medicine, Queen’s University at Kingston, Canada
• 1990: Dean’s Honor List, Faculty of Arts, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Professional Certifications and Education
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Gastroenterology
Medical School: MD Degree: University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada, 1997
Residency: Internal Medicine Residency (FRCPC), University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada, 2000
Fellowship: Gastroenterology Fellowship (FRCPC), University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada, 2002
Fellowship: Clinical Research Fellow in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, Department of Hepato-Gastroenterology and Equipe Mixte INSERM 0114, Service des Maladies de l'Appareil Digestif et de la Nutrition, Hopital Claude Huriez, CHRU de Lille, France, 2003
Fellowship: Gastroenterology Fellowship, University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA, 2004
Specialties
Gastroenterology
Conditions/Diseases Treated
UAMS doctors treat a broad range of conditions some of which may not be listed below.
Chronic Inflammatory Bowel Disease Crohn's disease Ulcerative Colitis Microscopic Colitis
 View Directory Entry
11-23-2012, 11:19 PM   #2
Dukeis
Dynastic Overlord

My Support Groups:
· Stoma
I just started seeing Dr. Tamboli this past June. I have to say I have been impressed with him thus far. He has been very thorough in fact even more so I feel then the doctor I had seen for years at the Mayo Clinic. I was so excited when my Rheumatologist at the UMAS told me Dr. Tamboli had joined there staff and she consult him in my care. It is great not having to leave the state for this caliber of care!

It is great to finally have a doctor here in Arkansas that specializes in the treatment of IBD. Yes, there are gastroenterologist here in the state, but I would have to say the ones I seen where like a handy man trying to do what you need a licensed plumber to do.

Rating:
5 / 5 Bedside Manner
5 / 5 Knowledgeable
4 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
5 / 5 Ease of accessibility

Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Cyrus Tamboli of Little Rock, Arkansas