Share Facebook

12-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #31
CrohnsChicago
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Oh my this holiday food!!! I am definitely doing another juice fast this weekend! LOL. Hopefully it will also help me in fighting this terrible cold/sinus/flu garbage I have been unable to get rid of all month because I'm sure this current holiday diet isn't helping one bit
Past Meds:
Prednisone/ Entocort / Flagyl
Current Supplements:
B12 Shot (1cc/mo) / Multivitamin / Vitamin D (1000iu) / Calcium (1200mg) / Omega 3 Fish Oil (4800mg)
Additional Info:
Anemia/Borderline Anemia - whole life
Generalized Anxiety Disorder - 2009 (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, mindfulness meditation)

12-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #32
scottsma

My Support Groups:
I know what you mean,I don't even LIKE most of the food I bought.I got carried along on the hype,and because it's there I feel I should eat it.Only missed a couple of daily juices though.But if I eat too much rubbish,I crave fresh food and drink.
01-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #33
Beach bum

My Support Groups:
Wow ! A truly amazing juicing story - ( with some slightly graphic pictures).

http://ajuicingstory.com/the-story/

Just a quick note to say, I don't advise anyone to stop taking meds without consulting their doctor. But do encourage them to think about what they are putting into their body if they want to give it a chance to heal itself - especially health giving juice instead of junk).
Juicing every morning.
Taking vitamin D spray
Multi vits & iron
And Probio 7 probiotic.

Being given a "drugs rest" from Aza - 17/9/14

Last edited by Beach bum; 01-03-2013 at 10:03 AM.
01-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #34
Grumbletum

My Support Groups:
Hey can I join? I am buying a juicer from a friend who is selling it for 10 Really happy about it as I can't tolerate shop bought juice ( too concentrated? too sweet? ) and love the idea of juicing veggies.
It's a Jack Lallane of some sort!

Previous: Prednisolone, Mesren, Omeprazole, Infliximab, Azathioprine
Current: Pentasa, Librax, Warfarin
Helen x
01-14-2013, 05:11 AM   #35
lizzy16
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Bought my juicer today and made a delicious Redhead juice this afternoon, thanks Gianni and everyone else supplying recipes on this site!

I am really trying to overhaul my diet for my overall health and to help my Crohn's, I'm also battling a nasty cold so hoping that adding fresh juice every day will help kick its butt!

Diagnosed with Crohn's colitis October 2011
150mg Imuran
Started Humira 40mg 26/03/13
Vit D Supplement

"There's nothing you can do that can't be done."
01-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #36
Sarah50

My Support Groups:
I'm on a low residue/low fiber diet as per doc - I have long segment of "stricturing" with my small intestine and was diagnosed with crohn's Nov 2012. I believe doc wants me on low residue for life to avoid surgery, if possible... just my guess. I'll ask him at my next appointment (next week). It looks like juicing is fine for low fiber/low residue from what I've read here. Right???

I want the *easiest*, less parts, less mess to clean and not HUGE juicer! Is that too much to ask for? LOL! What do you guys recommend? I want to join the juicing club since I'm very limited on fruits and veggies.

Thanks!
01-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #37
Beach bum

My Support Groups:
This is my juicer.
Takes whole or large pieces of fruit and veg - no pre-cutting needed.
Very easy to clean, just rinse off the parts most days then give it a good soapy wash at the weekend when I have time.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HR18...d_sim_sbs_kh_1
01-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #38
Sarah50

My Support Groups:
This is my juicer.
Very easy to clean, just rinse off the parts most days then give it a good soapy wash at the weekend when I have time.

Thanks, Beach Bum! I don't know if we have that brand in the US but it looks exactly like another one someone else told me to check out - Breville juicer.

http://www.fernsnutrition.com/juice_fountain.html#ikon
01-16-2013, 04:10 AM   #39
lizzy16
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi Sarah, I've just bought the Breville juice fountain (the Compact, on a budget lol) and so far I'm finding it extremely easy to use and clean.
01-16-2013, 05:55 AM   #40
scottsma

My Support Groups:
This is my juicer.

Ditto,Beach bum.Love mine,looks good on the work top too.
01-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #41
SoOoO CoNfuSeD

My Support Groups:
Hi guys! First off, thanks for creating this thread. I just got a juicer for Christmas and am loving it. I'm convince it will save my life this year. I've been trying some of theses recipes... they're awesome. BBBUUUTTTT i just took a shot of ginger juice ... and i have to say that is THE worst. I actually like ginger and am all for it's benefits... but wow that was stronger than any alcohol i've ever tried. Think i'm gonna stick to mixing it in with the juices for now and hope to get use to that lol Definitely considering the juice fast and am loving all these ideas and comments. Just one question... or looking for any suggestions since some of you have been doing this a little longer than i have: If i understand correctly, it's best to drink the juices right away to ensure maximum nutrients, etc... My problem is that i work an 8-4 job. Other than bringing my juicer and chopped up veggies, how can i enjoy my juices at work? Is it still nutritiously beneficial to prepare them at the beginning of my dad and bring them to work?
01-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #42
Beach bum

My Support Groups:
Glad you are enjoying your juicing, I haven't ever been brave enough for a pure ginger shot I must admit But I mix ginger and lemon into my juices all the time to pep them up a bit.

The ideal situation is to juice and drink straight away, but of course this is not always practical.
I have a plastic coffee mug/flask which I take to work for a snack juice, which I pop a couple of icecubes in to keep it cool till I am ready for it.
When I am doing a full juice diet I have a larger Thermos type flask to take instead. I think air tightness is the key and store in a fridge if possible.

Happy juicing
01-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #43
Grumbletum

My Support Groups:
I picked up my pre-loved juicer on Sunday and made my first juice that evening: cucumber, spinach and apple. Yum, yum, yum - so light and refreshing and green! It is just so nice to be able to drink juice again.
01-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #44
traci0531

My Support Groups:
I just started juicing this weekend and I'm so excited about it! I bought the Breville Juice Fountain Compact at Best Buy for $99. Right now, I'm juicing once a day in the morning. I love fruits/veggies and have missed them since being diagnosed in August with Crohns in my small intestine. The low residue/low fiber diet restrictions are no fun. I'm currently not doing well with meds and may be looking at a resection. Recently, just about everything I eat causes me pain so I'm enjoying getting some goodness from juicing without the pain.
01-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #45
Jam300

My Support Groups:
Top suggestion on the Ginger shots Gianni! I just had one, burned my entire body but completely unblocked my nose which has been stuffy for weeks now.
Currently undergoing re-assessment.
01-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #46
Gianni

My Support Groups:
Yup gotta love the Ginger shots You will get used to the burning usually. I went through a 6 month period where I did a ginger shot just about everyday.

JUICING! click here!
01-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #47
bunnyceleste

Ive been juicing daily for almost two years but nevr have done exclusively juice but lately IM not sure whats up, seems like something is shifting or changing in my gut and Im really losing my appetite, no food is very appealing. I can eat breakfast, then if I try to eat any during the day its like force feeding myself. All I want is juice. Its such a weid change bc typically Im in the mindset that if my crohns is "dormant" or less active I need to eat as much good stuff as possible ... but yeah right now I feel like my body is telling me its finally time for a juice fast....

gluten free, cow dairy free, coffee free, cane sugar free

probiotics, apple cider vinegar for low stomach acid, vit D, herbal mineral adaptogen tincture, herbal liquid iron& B vitamin supplement

fresh veggie juice daily

yoga for stress management
acupuncture&massage
self love

first surgery after 11 years of crohns- 80cm of small bowel removed march 4 2013

my food blog - www.shortguts.blogspot.ca
01-31-2013, 02:47 AM   #48
sid

Yup gotta love the Ginger shots You will get used to the burning usually. I went through a 6 month period where I did a ginger shot just about everyday.
I always take ginger with the juices along with one whole Aamla.

Crohn's since Jan 2011.

No meds.
Diet as per ayurveda.
Vitamin D and B12 shots.
Currently experimenting with Probiotics, starting 2016.
And a large joint mad family, thus stress cant touch me.
02-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #49
furiousfunker
Forum Monitor

I just had my first experiance juicing, i made myself a Green Lemonade..

oh my days! it tasted amazing!!

im going to wait 24hours or so to see how my body reacts to it, but cannot wait to try another, im so happy i found out about juicing and so grateful for everyone submitting recipes and especially Gianni for the effort he puts into this section, can tell how passionate about it you are!

love it.
02-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #50
CrohnsChicago
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Please do share that green lemonade recipe. Sounds AMAZING!

I just had my first experiance juicing, i made myself a Green Lemonade..

oh my days! it tasted amazing!!

im going to wait 24hours or so to see how my body reacts to it, but cannot wait to try another, im so happy i found out about juicing and so grateful for everyone submitting recipes and especially Gianni for the effort he puts into this section, can tell how passionate about it you are!

love it.
02-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #51
SRTCrohny

I have been reading about juicing and am currently researching juicers online. Excited about juicing!
Zofran 4mg 2x/day
Protonix 40mg/day
Bentyl on occasion
Pain meds as needed
Trying to keep my all my colon for as long as possible!
02-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #52
KWalker

Here you go CrohnsChicago:

Green Lemonade
3-4 Apples - Fuji is good, organic
1 Lime or Lemon I like lime (use the rind also if organic, if not organic, peel it but leave the white )
fresh peeled ginger to taste- its hot so try a 1/4- 1/2 inch depending on width
Kale 1-4 leaves with stems, depending on size and black kale is my favorite
1-2 stalks celery optional but good for eliminating water retention

Personal question: How the hell do you peel a lime!? lol I don't know if it's because they're so small or because I don't have nails but I cannot peel a lime/lemon. I just end up cutting it in half and then squeezing it. I'm probably losing so much by doing so

Previous Meds:
Prednisone
Remicade
Humira
Methotrexate (oral)
Methotrexate (injections)
Cipro
Flagyl

Current Treatment:
200mg Simponi, Psyllium
02-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #53
CrohnsChicago
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
I already feel quite refreshed just reading the ingredients lol.

Thanks! I'm going to try it this weekend when I replenish my juicing supplies.

Also, what i do with lemons and limes is cut them in quarters and then just cut off the rind. its easier that way for me at least.

Here you go CrohnsChicago:

Green Lemonade
3-4 Apples - Fuji is good, organic
1 Lime or Lemon I like lime (use the rind also if organic, if not organic, peel it but leave the white )
fresh peeled ginger to taste- its hot so try a 1/4- 1/2 inch depending on width
Kale 1-4 leaves with stems, depending on size and black kale is my favorite
1-2 stalks celery optional but good for eliminating water retention

Personal question: How the hell do you peel a lime!? lol I don't know if it's because they're so small or because I don't have nails but I cannot peel a lime/lemon. I just end up cutting it in half and then squeezing it. I'm probably losing so much by doing so
02-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #54
Ya noy

I haven't been able to juice, but I've been drinking V-8 every day, so I'm with you in spirit.
02-13-2013, 12:47 AM   #55
CrohniePilot

My Support Groups:
Just ordered an Omega 8004 juicer. Should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to trying some of these recipes. Thanks for sharing.
02-13-2013, 01:51 AM   #56
Gianni

My Support Groups:
Great Juicer ^
02-13-2013, 02:15 AM   #57
furiousfunker
Forum Monitor

Please do share that green lemonade recipe. Sounds AMAZING!
Sorry I didn't read this sooner! I've seen KWalker has given you the recipe... I hope you enjoy it! I love them, I had one just a few hours ago
02-13-2013, 07:54 AM   #58
sid

Thanks to Gianni , am in love with juicing now...I was already in remission, but didnt gain much weight..but I am gaining some weight as well, after I have started weight training and regular juicing, which I think is allowing my guts to absorb more nutrients.

BTW anyone tried wehat grass juice?? I am confused as I use my blender for juicing now but some artickes on the web says blenders shouldnt be used for wheat grass.
02-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #59
scottsma

My Support Groups:
I use organic powdered wheat grass.It's ok,and I imagine a lot less bother.But I like the easy options in life.
02-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #60
CrohniePilot

My Support Groups:
Great Juicer ^
Got it today. So far so good. Doing a juice fast. I am learning that i need to get quicker at peeling apples!