• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to crohns

Hey I am new to the site and to crohns. I was diagnosed last month after suffering with symptoms for ages but doctors not listening to me. So far I have been put on Asacol 800mg three times a day and awaiting to see a new gastro doctor on Tuesday. Feeling quite anxious about everything and hoping this site will put my mind at rest, also be great to hear from others who understand what it is like to live with crohns

Steph

Hi Steph and Welcome to the forum. Life with CD is how ever each person makes it. It is a burden most of the time but if you find humor in it when things are going so-so you can get along pretty good. And when things are going good you HAVE to live life to the fullest. Just have to watch what you eat. lol
Good luck and speak out any time you have a question.

Thanks for your reply I see you say watch what you eat. I have seen so many mixed ideas on food do you have any advice on what worked for you. I know they say everyone is different

When things are going good like right now, I eat pretty much anything but fresh vegies and dairy. Even though Friday I got gutsy and had the first McDonald's chocolate shake in over 8 yrs. AND IT WAS FANTASTIC!! When things are so-so I stick with fish, chicken (baked or broiled), rice and a lot of eggs. When I'm in pain I tend to do a lot of soups, eggs and soft bland foods. When I'm in a flare I do jello mostly. I try to stay away from pop and anything with caffine. I love coffee but it doesn't care for me.
Keep a food diary so that you can track what hurts and what doesn't. You may find that some foods are okay one time and not the next. Pizza is the one that fools me a lot.

Not much help but it gives you some ideas on what may help at certain times.

KWalker

Welcome! like Pirate said, it's important to recognize how everyone reacts differently. I can also whatever I want without difficulty where as some have terrible reactions from the smallest amount of certain foods (pop corn, dairy, etc). I'm sure if I were to stop the foods and notice how much better I felt without them I could see the damage they were doing.

Feel free to ask any questions you might help and I hope you can find lots of help here.

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum, Steph!

Mostly saying hello - I think Pirate and KWalker have got your questions covered. I hope to see you around! :)