Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Parents of Kids with IBD » Daughter with Crohn's

11-12-2008, 11:25 AM   #31
GoJohnnyGo
One Badass Dude

Hi Trixie,

The surgery route is very evasive, but let's hope it works wonders for your daughter. Mine (very similar) bought me many years of manageable symptoms.

Any further questions or issues the two of you care to discuss, feel free to post them here.
11-12-2008, 08:07 PM   #32
trixie

What a difference already!! No more nausea, vomiting, pain. Her bowels are already starting to make noise, which is a good thing. She's up and starting to walk. Her cathiter might come out tonight and she's no longer on oxygen. Her urine output is great. She hardley pushes the button for pain management. She has 16 staples in her tummy. She thought that was funny that they stapled her. They have talked to her about what going to happen when she goes home and the meds she will be on to start with. Everyday is something new to look forward her progress.
11-12-2008, 08:10 PM   #33
jed

only 16 staples???? ha! amatuer!!!!!

great to hear shes coming along well! congrat trixie

Current meds - Methotrexate, the rest werent doing anything.
Current state - hopeing poop softener, honey and cinnamon tea make me poop like a crohnie again..

my story - http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=3093
11-13-2008, 01:04 AM   #34
soupdragon69
ele mental leprechaun

Thats such good news to hear Trixie.

Amazing how they bounce back once the pain and problem is resolved isnt it?

She will gradually increase in confidence now as the days go by and you will get to see your wonderful daughter again personality wise.

Well done to you all for coping through such a difficult time.

((hugs))

IF YOU DON'T JUMP YOU WONT EVER LEARN TO FLY

Brittle asthma 1996, Hypothyroidism 1998, Severe Crohns ileitis 2006 , Severe IBS 2007, Inflammatory/Rheumatoid Arthritis 2008, Sebhorreic Eczema and Folliculitis 1992, Roseca, steroid induced acne and Hidradenitis Suppurativa 2008, Multiple allergies and food intolerances diagnosed from 2003. Newly diagnosed fibromyalgia Dec 2009. Newly diagnosed calcific tendonitis Jan 2010. Chronic Pain diagnosed Dec 2010.
11-14-2008, 08:51 PM   #35
trixie

Good News, Her NG tube came out today. She has been eating some liquid foods today. We even wheeled her down to the cafateria for a change of scene. They are talking sending her home at the lastest by Monday. Then the real work starts. She has 3 more fissures that are flared and need watching. He didn't want to remove them because it would have been to long of a surgery and he feels thay can be relieved with medication. They are talking Remicade. Anybody have experience with Remicade? I have been reading some of the other posts and most have been on a short time and it didn't help. I would appreciate any imput you have. Also I have seen just about everybody is on a probiotic's any thoughts on which one? Thank You
11-17-2008, 07:29 AM   #36
catfud

Congratualtions on your daughter's improvments
11-17-2008, 09:21 AM   #37
trixie

She came home Sat. night. She's doing pretty good. Gave me a scare when she passed out in my arms while drying her after her shower. When i went ot fill all her prescriptions they said she couldn't drink alcohol with one of them. I said she doesn't drink but I might be starting. LOL Again Thank you everyone.
11-18-2008, 11:24 PM   #38
soupdragon69
ele mental leprechaun

Hey Trixie,

Very glad she made it home. Going to be very weak for some time til she builds back up again. Biggest steps are getting home initially - you can paddle about all you like in hospital but the trip home really drains you...

We all know here you will take exceptional care of your beautiful daughter - just make sure you pace yourself!! Have a look on the treatment section in relation to the remicade. You will find loads of info there as several have been asking similar questions recently with starting it too.

You are just as important as Jean is. You will both get there. Healing ((hugs)) to you both.

Keep us posted.
11-26-2008, 02:14 PM   #39
trixie

Hi

This is Jean talking now. I am feeling let better now since my surgery happen. My wound is healing nicely. I have no pain at all and that is very good news. We hope it stays that way for a long time. I am eat more now but still watching what I eat still so I don't going into pain again. I am happy that I am in no pain. I go back in December to see the GI about what to do next. I have been drinking more water than anything else. It is going to take a long time to heal and do more stuff. There is certain foods that I can't eat yet problem not for awhile. Well that is my update for now. I will let you know more when I know more to.

Thank You
11-26-2008, 03:59 PM   #40
CookieCat

Great to meet you Jean and to know that you're on the right road at last. Scary time, hey? I bet you are feeling shell-shocked after it all. But you got there and hang onto that thought.

I agree with Pen - it'd be great if you could join our forum under your own (user) name so we could get to know you more. We've all been following your story and keeping our fingers crossed for you and will keep on crossing them that you continue on the road to recovery. Take care and love to your Mum - I know it's hard for you to to see her so worried about you.

"That's the way the cookie crumbles...."
11-26-2008, 06:05 PM   #41
soupdragon69
ele mental leprechaun

Hey Jean,

So good to see you are feeling up to posting yourself now honey.. Well done that girl!!

As you say its going to take some time for you to pick up and recover but you will get there and get your life back and thats the fun part. Think of all the things you missed doing because you had no energy and so much pain that you could pace yourself and get back to as time goes on eh?

As the girls say come and post under your own name and you will find a fair few here around your own age group. Then both you and your mum can post whenever you want.

You have brought a ray of sunshine to my day Jean. Keep going honey. ((hugs)) to both you and your mum.

Looking forward to seeing you around..
11-26-2008, 06:22 PM   #42
My Butt Hurts
Squeals-a-lot!

I'm glad that your surgery went well Jean, and that you are starting to feel better!
11-27-2008, 01:24 AM   #43
kello82

hey trixie and jean!

havent been on this thread yet, so ill say welcome now.
im about the same age as you, jean, ill be 19 in january.

nice to meet someone else who is close in age and tryin to get along with crohns
12-08-2008, 08:19 PM   #44
trixie

This is Jean again. I go see the Gi on Wednesday to get more info on what to take for medicine. I will let you know what she said. I will post more info on Wednesday night. Everything is going well with no pain or nothing. I am eating everything insight and I know when to stop eating too. Well that is it for now until Wednesday.

Thank You for all the support you guys gave me. It is hepful what other people are going through too.

Thank You Jean
12-20-2008, 08:10 PM   #45
trixie

Jean is now talking. I start my humira on Monday. They are going to show me how to put one in my stomach and one in my leg also. Then I do it myself after they show me how to do the shot. I have been doing very well on my other medicine too and I have been eating like crazy. Well I hope the humira will work for me when I start the humira on Monday.

Thank You Jean
12-21-2008, 09:30 AM   #46
soupdragon69
ele mental leprechaun

So good to hear you are doing well Jean!

Both your mum and all of us here will be over the moon at your increased appetite and overall improvement.

Hope the Humira goes well honey. Keep us posted. ((hugs)) to both you and your mum.
12-26-2008, 08:34 AM   #47
trixie

This is Jean talking.

Jean does not start her humira until Monday the 29th. The Monday I suppose to start my humira was a change of plan because I something else came up that day. I am working also at a Pet Store and I love it there. Well I hope the humira will help also. I have gain weight now that I am eating like crazy too.

Thank You
12-26-2008, 11:11 PM   #48
GoJohnnyGo
One Badass Dude

Trixie and Jean: I hope you both stick around.

There may be no cure yet for Crohn's Disease. We all suffer. The ONLY redemptive measure we have at our disposal is to reach out to others similarly afflicted.
12-28-2008, 04:55 PM   #49
GoJohnnyGo
One Badass Dude

Christiansen said:
Have you tried Homeopathy?

My son (diagnosed with crohns disease) was cured with this kind of treatment process w/c didn't require any form of surgery and steroids.
this holistic treatment is just a perfect alternative for him considering that he has a number of allergies

God Speed and take care!
I'm not quite sure I'm following...

Your son has already been cured by the same guy you were asking about six weeks ago in regards to your daughter?
06-12-2009, 02:58 PM   #50
trixie

Just wanted to let everyone know that Jean is doing wonderfully. She had a colonoscapy 3 weeks ago and the Dr. said if they didn't know she had Crohn's you wouldn't have known it. Here colon was that clear. No flareups no nothing. she is still on Humaria every 2 weeks and that seems to take care of it so far. She is back up to her normal weight and her diet is pretty normal also. Still not alot of dairy products, but everything else is great. I hope everybody has just as much success with Humaria as she has had.
06-13-2009, 10:54 AM   #51
fenway1971
Sports Crohnie

hi trixie -
just read this entire thread. what a happy result. i'm glad she's doing well and the smile on your last post makes me feel like you're feeling better these days too.

thanks for posting an update.

Crohn's Colitis (2003-present)
Kidney Stones (1998, 2003, 2008)

Medication
6-MP (2009-present)

Vitamins/Supplements
Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Turmeric

Super Powers
I am Batman

06-16-2009, 02:46 AM   #52
kello82

thats great to hear trixie!
so glad that shes doing better now
you guys had one heck of a ride there and definitly deserve a break.
thanks for coming back and posting her results

Last edited by kello82; 06-16-2009 at 02:54 AM.
09-09-2009, 09:08 AM   #53
trixie

Im doing great now. My humira is help alot now and I am feeling so much better now. Im eat alot now which is good and gain weight now to. I hope everybody feels well with what you are doing and getting back to your normal life. I know I am back to my normal life now with working at the pet store and going back to school now. My school last year I had to drop out because of my surgery and could not continue on with it. Since my surgery I am back in school now and working at the pet store is a lot of fun with working with all different animals. I can finish school now without dropping out this time. By the way I am in collage also. Talk to everybody later.

Have fun with your life if you can.
09-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #54

GoJohnnyGo said:
I'm not quite sure I'm following...

Your son has already been cured by the same guy you were asking about six weeks ago in regards to your daughter?
thanks for picking up on the contradictory posts, Johnny... this member seems to have been here purely to advertise a website, masked by stories about his son then daughter having Crohn's. the member has now been deleted and his posts removed.
09-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #55

Trixie/Jean - delighted to hear all the good news! keep it up
09-09-2009, 10:22 AM   #56
farm
Captain Insaneo

trixie said:
Im doing great now. My humira is help alot now and I am feeling so much better now. Im eat alot now which is good and gain weight now to. I hope everybody feels well with what you are doing and getting back to your normal life. I know I am back to my normal life now with working at the pet store and going back to school now. My school last year I had to drop out because of my surgery and could not continue on with it. Since my surgery I am back in school now and working at the pet store is a lot of fun with working with all different animals. I can finish school now without dropping out this time. By the way I am in collage also. Talk to everybody later.

Have fun with your life if you can.
Outstanding story!! I'm glad it's all better now!!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Parents of Kids with IBD » Daughter with Crohn's