• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

J-Pouch and Remicade treatments - anyone?

I have been fighting Crohn's Disease for over 25 years. In 2002, I had my entire colon removed and replaced with a J-Pouch after a year with an ostemy. Although we removed my colon, I continue to have challenges with the spread of the disease, even into the J-pouch and beyond. I also have had a couple years of constant infections, abscesses and fistulas, including a vaginal fistula - which is rather awful.

I am starting Remicade Treatments this week with the hope of throwing this into remission. I did try Humira without much luck - I continued to get infections and had to have several outpatient procedures to address them - I ultimately stopped the humira.

Has anyone with a J-pouch tried the Remicade treatments? I would be very intereseted in your results.

Thanks,

Jenny

Hey there Jenny. That's terrible what you're going through. I haven't had any of your experiences but wanted to say hi and welcome you. You're in the right place for great support from amazing people.