Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Question for Canadians

12-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
AlliRuns
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Question for Canadians

How long did it take for your insurance provider to say yes or no for Remicade? My BioAdvance coordinator is giving me the impression that I am waiting longer than most people. I'm not completely confident that it's even going to be approved; they are going back to my doc for more info, it's not giving me a warm and fuzzy.

Diagnosed Crohn's since November 2012

Current Medications: Remicade, Imuran, Cipro

Past Medications: Entocort, Prednisone, Flagyl/Cipro, Nexium, Omprazole, Pantoloc

12-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
moogie

it took me about 10 days to get my 2 letters from my two insurance company. I've done the process twice up to now and both times it took about the same time.

If you feel it's taking to much time call your insurance company directly and ask for an update. you are paying them so it's all good to call them and put pressure on them.
Remicaide
Getting Remicade every 8 weeks
Getting 5mg now. full dose. cost 5500$ )
Purinathol 75mg a day

3 resections
2 colostomy
One Ileostomy
Back to normal since May 2015
On Remicade Since April 2011 I am alive again!
12-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
thisisme
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I know for mine it took a few weeks. Apparently this was due to a delay on their part... whoever reviewed the paperwork sent by my coordinator the first time handled it wrong, and thought I was trying to submit a receipt for some type of reimbursement?!... by coordinator had to send it in a second time, and it goet a "RUSH" request to get it pushed through. In all, I think it took me about a month... but my coordinator said it should only take 2 weeks.

Dx: Crohn's September 2012
Terminal Ileum (fistulating), Left Colon
Currently taking:
Remicade
Imuran (Aza)
Tecta
Vitamin D
Calcium
B-12 Injections
Iron (Infusions)

Past Meds:
Prednisone (woot!)
12-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
AlliRuns
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I still haven't got approval, don't think they are going to approve it at all. On to plan B, whatever my doc has in mind for plan B
12-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
moogie

Did you actually talk to your insurance company? i mean why dont you get them on the phone and see what is happening.
12-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #6
thisisme
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Calling could be a good plan. I had to call mine to get the matter sorted out, I was also able to give them verbal authorization to speak directly with the coordinator from Bio Advance, so she could also call and try and get the issue sorted out

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Question for Canadians