Share Facebook

12-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #61
Crohn's Mom

My Support Groups:
Just stopping by to give giant hugs to the lives lost in CT today ~ My heart is heavy at the thought of so many children gone ( for no reason ! )

heartbroken
and Austin (18)
DX: Crohn's 7/2013
12-15-2012, 12:23 AM   #62
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Sending hugs to the parent's and other members we have here on the forum that reside in Connecticut.

As I sit here 10,000 miles away watching the images on TV I feel so shocked and saddened. How must it be for those of you that know Newtown, live near Newtown and/or have young children of the ages of those lost. My heart breaks for you and for those that are directly affected by this awful tragedy.

Thinking of you all,
Dusty. xxx
12-15-2012, 12:28 AM   #63
jmckinley

Hugs to everyone!!!

Just feel completely dumbfounded about the shootings in CT today. I seriously can't comprehend what is going on these days. There is an absence of something that needs to be rekindled or we are going to self-destruct.

Hug the kiddos for me!
12-15-2012, 02:31 AM   #64
Lewis,s mum

My Support Groups:
sending hugs to everyone and kimmi to hwve one poorly child and another with a diff illness i take my hat of to you . sending love and hugs to all your family.xx
12-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #65
kimmidwife
Forum Monitor

Thanks everyone for your love and support! I was so exhausted I slept almost the whole day today!

Crohn's Dx'ed Sept 08
Allerg Imuran Sept 08
Fail Remicade Jan 09
Methotrex Oct 09-Aug 11
Pentasa stopped - nosebleeds
EENOct 31 - Nov 28th. Too hard!
Retried Remicade Dec 11
Stopped due 2 Anaphylactic Reaction
LDN Jan 2012-June 2014 Got My daughter back!
New secondary diagnosis: Gastroporesis Dec 2013
Lost remission June 2014
Started Entyvio April 2015. Decreased to every 4 weeks October 2015. Praying for remission.
12-15-2012, 11:28 PM   #66
kimmidwife
Forum Monitor

Ps. This whole Connecticut thing has so gotten to me I just keep going and hugging my children. I feel so sad for those families. No family should ever have to experience such a thing. All we can do is hug our babies and pray that this never happens again!!!!
12-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #67
Crohn's Mom

My Support Groups:
Sending out some Christmas hugs to my online family!

Happy Holidays to everyone !
I hope you all have a very blessed day
04-10-2013, 11:59 PM   #68
Crohn's Mom

My Support Groups:
I thought I'd revive this thread...

I want to apologize to you all for not being around much lately.
I have not forgotten anyone here, and I am usually reading many of the updates quite frequently.
There has been some significant traumatic experiences happen , and sometimes I just can't bring myself to write any responses.
Sometimes I can't even speak.
Please know that I am here in the back ground, wishing the best and supporting each and every one of you.

I could sure use a huge hug tho ...
04-11-2013, 12:59 AM   #69
Farmwife
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hugs T!

I'm so sorry for this recent hardships.
We're always here to give you a hug and support.
PM anytime.
dx Juvenile Arthritis
(12/13/13)
dx Erthema Nodosum
(8/13/14)
Bladder and Bowel Dysfunction
(10/14/13)
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome dx (1/26/17)
Remicade started on (9/8/14)Every 4 wks
Azathroprine started on 10/9/15
EN/EEN- since (1/12/13)
Past Meds- LDN, Humira, Pred, MTX, Sulfasalazine
04-11-2013, 06:33 AM   #70
dannysmom
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hugs Tracy!!

(Danny's story)
04-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #71
Tesscorm

My Support Groups:
Always thinking of you and how Gaby is doing!!!

I hope all resolves soon for you!

Know that there are always lots of hugs for you here!

Treatment:
May-July 2011 - 6 wks Exclusive EN via NG tube - 2000 ml/night, 1 wk IV Flagyl
July 2011-July 2013 - Supplemental EN via NG, 1000 ml/night, 5 nites/wk, Nexium, 40 mg
Feb. 2013-present - Remicade, 5 mg/kg every 6 wks
Supplements: 1-2 Boost shakes, D3 - 2000 IUs, Krill Oil
04-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #72
Jmrogers4

Super Big Hug T! We are here anytime you need us! Sometimes we are the ones to give support and sometimes we are the ones who need it.

Mom to Jack (18) dx Crohn's 2/2010
Vitamin D -2000mg
Remicade - started 1/9/14; 7.5ml/kg every 6 weeks
Centrum for Him teen multivitamin
Past meds: Imuran/Azathioprine; allopurinol; methotrexate; LDN; Prednisone; Apriso; Pentasa; EEN

Husband dx Crohn's 3/1993
currently none due to liver issues
04-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #73
my little penguin
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
big hugs your way T
04-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #74
AZMOM

My Support Groups:
Big love

J.

Mom to Claire - 11 going on 17

Dx JRA age 3, Crohn's age 6
Acute transverse myelitis at age 5

Started IVIG September 2016
Started Tacrolimus October 2016
Neurontin 100mg twice daily
Folic Acid
Calcium/D supplement
Daily Vitamin
Daily Probiotic

No more Enbrel, Stelara, Methotrexate, Allopurinal or 6MP
04-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #75
kimmidwife
Forum Monitor

Sending you a big hug! Please let us know if we can help in any way!!!!
04-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #76
ChampsMom

My Support Groups:
As soon as I started reading the beginning of this thread and what it is for I had to put my head in my hands and cry... The stark realization that I needed a hug too hit me

I am also a single Mom. I am extremely blessed in that I have my sister, Mum and stepDad who are MAJOR contributors to helping me keep my sanity and helping out with my boys.

The last couple of years have been rough (I went through a divorce, my ex was not a nice person, there were threats, stalking, etc. that led to protective orders, and 2 occassions where the boys and I were removed from our residence to an undisclosed location for our own safety - all while going through Alex' diagnoses) but we have all managed somehow to keep keep moving forward.

THEN - 2 weeks ago my soon to be 4 year old son (who is on the Autism Spectrum PDD-NOS) took a bad fall while playing outside with some kids and we ended up at the doctor's office getting xrays. Sitting there I crossed my arms and said a prayer that it wouldn't be broken (all I could think was this little guy will FREAK out if they put a cast on his arm!!). When the xrays came out instead of showing a break it showed a mass in his right upper humorous bone -

We have spent the last 2 weeks back and forth at Children's Hospital running tests. The news came back on Monday - benign! My Mum and sister (and other sons) were all in the room with me and while they were all excited I just stared at the doctor and asked, "Are you sure?" He said yes.

I didn't jump up and down, cry or show any kind of emotion - and all I could think is "Have I lost the ability to feel anything other than worry?!" That night I climbed into bed and sobbed...

It is interesting I am quick to ask friends and family to pray for me and the boys, but asking for a hug has never crossed my mind. I LOVE the idea of this thread - and even though I know it is only a virtual hug - knowing that someone is taking the moment to think about ME - is overwhelming - hence the tears...

Thank you...

Mom of Champ (Alex)
Dx: CD April 2010
Meds: 04/25/13 switched back to Pentasa 3,500mg/day - Lialda brought lower abdominal cramps & exhaustion); 04/05/13 switched to Lialda 1.2GM 3 pills/day verse Pentasa 3,500mg/day, prevasaid 15 mg x 1/day, elemental iron, daily vitamin, calcium w/mag D, 50,000 mg Vitamin D/week, B12, B6 supplements, Cetrizine (for sinus issues)
Prayer
Priesthood Blessings
04-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #77
Farmwife
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
[QUOTE=ChampsMom;633645]

I didn't jump up and down, cry or show any kind of emotion - and all I could think is "Have I lost the ability to feel anything other than worry?!" That night I climbed into bed and sobbed...
QUOTE]

Yes I quite often feel that all emotion has been sucked out of me.
I'm so glad the mass was non-cancerous. Your doing an amazing job.
04-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #78
Tesscorm

My Support Groups:
Wow, Shell, I'm so sorry for all you've been through! We sometimes go through periods where we just don't know how we'll get through it! But, you have!! I hope you can take a moment to just relax and be proud of what a strong person you are and what a great job you're doing for your boys!

Lots and lots of hugs!!!
04-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #79
Jmrogers4

Shell,
That gave me chills, so glad it was benign! Sending hugs
04-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #80
upsetmom

My Support Groups:
Shell just for you.......

Currently on:
40mg Humira
125mg Imuran

Dx Premature Ovarian Failure 2014

04-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #81
crohnsinct

My Support Groups:
Wow Shell! Hugs and tears of relief for you! Could have never been able to tell all you were going through by your posts. You are incredibly strong. Totally know the feeling you are talking about. Had it when my daughter's inoperable brain tumor could no longer be found on an MRI and her death sentence had been lifted. LOL actually took me three years to really believe it!
Vit d 2000IU
Multi vitamin plus iron
Calcium

Previously used - Prednisone, Prevacid, Enteral Nutrition, Methotrexate oral and injections, Folic Acid, Probiotics, Cortofoam

Daughter T dx 1/2/15 at age 11
Vitaligo, Precoscious puberty & Crohn's
Remicade
Vit D 2000IU

Previously used, Exclusive Enteral Nutrition, Methotrexate (injections and oral), Folic Acid, Entocort,IBD-AID Diet
04-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #82
my little penguin
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Shell-

It is understandable - you were in survival mode- we all go there- no time for emotions until later when we are alone.

So glad it was benign
04-12-2013, 11:48 PM   #83
Crohn's Mom

My Support Groups:
Awe Shell , your post truly touched my heart ~ and this is exactly why I started this thread.
Yes, it's a 'virtual' hug ~ but seeing as how we're all somewhat kindred spirits here, with a common goal, it some how feels real.

You are such a strong momma, and quite an inspiration!
I can relate to your pain, and went through a very similar divorce as you (nearly 18 years ago). It's a lot to deal with.
I wish I could wrap my arms around you myself and let you know that I truly get it, but since I can't, please feel my virtual and meaningful hug just for you today !
04-13-2013, 05:28 AM   #84
Dexky
To save time...Ask Dusty!

My Support Groups:
(((Shell))) What a relief "benign" must have been!!! Did the docs explain the mass? Does it require any treatment?

EJ dx w/ Crohn's 12/09
PSC 3/10

No more 6mp
Currently in the Humira Club
04-13-2013, 06:47 AM   #85
ellie

My Support Groups:
Just happened upon this thread (I'm the Crohn's person in our family!)
But as mum to 3, now young adult, kids, I certainly remember the challenges of daily parenting (even without having a chronic disease in the mix!!)
So just wanted to send the WARMEST hug to you all!! Love and support
04-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #86
ChampsMom

My Support Groups:
Hey Mark...

Our doctor (Orthopedic Oncologist) and the radiologist did not agree on exactly what it is, but they agreed it was benign. The radiologist thought it appeared to be a cyst (which is fluid filled), where as the doctor said it looked more like fibrous dysplasia - which is fibrous bone tissue. Come to find out the reason why it was hurting so much is the bone is fractured from the fall - but the fracture wasn't visible on the xray due to fact that it is right where the mass is located.

Next step is we go back in 6 weeks for more xrays. Pending on how the bone heals I believe will influence next steps. We saw several radiologists between xrays, bone scans, cat scans, etc... and most of them mentioned bone grafts - however the doctor said that he is a growing boy and he wouldn't jump on that unless it was obvious the bone won't heal on its own.

Even though there seems to be some disagreements on the approach, when I researched the doctor we got he is listed in the top 1% of doctors in his field and is "the" guy in our Metropolitan area - soooo... for now I'm trusting in him. (I praying to Him... smile)...

Thanks for asking - and thank you for all the hugs! I know a good cry is like refilling the gas tank... and all these hugs have definitely helped fill me up!

<3
04-14-2013, 12:40 AM   #87
CarolinAlaska
Holding It Together

My Support Groups:
T and Shell - this is for both of you: <<<HUG>>>. I can't imagine the burden on top of a child with IBD! You aren't alone.
Osteoporosis/osteopenia, Scoliosis, EDS, Asthma, Epilepsy, Hla B-27 positive, gluten intolerant, thrombophlebitis, c.diff, depression, anxiety, postural tachycardia/POTS and multiple food allergies.
04-19-2013, 04:14 AM   #88
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Man oh man oh man T and Shell...

...I am so late to this but want to send you both loads of love and squishy hugs from across the pond.

I don't think you will find a better place for love and support than here. It is like being enveloped in a favourite comfy chair and in the presence of a dear and loved friend. You laugh together, you cry together, you celebrate together and you mourn together You know each others thoughts and understand each other. You can sit for hours in silence and it is never awkward and you can be apart for long stretches of time but when you are reunited you pick up where you left off. Most importantly of all you are not judged but accepted for who you are.

That is what I love, appreciate and respect about our forum.

Thanks guys.
04-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #89
ChampsMom

My Support Groups:
I don't think you will find a better place for love and support than here. It is like being enveloped in a favourite comfy chair and in the presence of a dear and loved friend. You laugh together, you cry together, you celebrate together and you mourn together You know each others thoughts and understand each other. You can sit for hours in silence and it is never awkward and you can be apart for long stretches of time but when you are reunited you pick up where you left off. Most importantly of all you are not judged but accepted for who you are.
That should be our motto!

Thank you!
04-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #90
Artisan105
Yondaime

My Support Groups:
I am tired of being/acting strong... I need a hug too

Here is some stress-free music by Micheal Bubble. I suggest singing it in the shower? in the car? or after a bad day. :]

http://youtu.be/sJohiKFk0yc- Everything
http://youtu.be/1AJmKkU5POA -Haven't Met You Yet.
http://youtu.be/RglMIKG0GFw -It's a Beautiful Day.
http://youtu.be/lZhXx1NQTn0 - You Don't Know Me.
http://youtu.be/ZHp3kbMmM6A -White Christmas (w/Shawnia Twain).

Enjoy!

Current Meds:
(Remission)
-Asacol 400mg 2/day.
-Remicade 500mg 8weeks(IV).

My Crohn's Story:
http://www.crohnsforum.com/showpost....29&postcount=1

My Suggestions:
http://www.crohnsforum.com/showpost....43&postcount=2

My Music List:
http://www.crohnsforum.com/showpost....72&postcount=1