• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Can crohns affect my prosate

hey every one , i'm streetbob 57 years old basically computer illiterate and a very poor speller at best.. seems , im believing we dont act till something important is happened to us in our lives. well its happening blood in urine and seamen .prostate cancer possibly ,just had a thought about the crohns part of the equasion. wanted to know if anyone has a thought. i ve got a dr. appointment this week but its been eating me up , looking for answers but not really finding .if you can relate please share . thanks, seems i only use others when im in need. selfish possibly.honest definately, thanks again

SarahBear

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum!

I personally don't have much experience with prostate problems (for obvious reasons, haha), but I did a google search and searched the forum for you. I can't find anything, so I'm thinking it's unlikely. Hopefully someone with more information will come along and help you soon!

I think Prednisone has affected mine. I frequently have symptoms of an enlarged prostate and I'm only 35. I asked my GI about this, and that guy is practically a genius, the best GI I know (I wouldn't settle for less.) His advice was "See a urologist", so...

It's possible you have a fistula connected somehow to your urethra, but... I'd see a urologist anyway. Ultrasounds and other imaging may be called for here.

Blood is not good no matter what is causing it. You do need to get it checked out, so keep that appointment. It could be any number of things.

Something us guys seem to always end up having problems with. You are the second person today I have heard of with a prostate problem. I just hope maybe I can avoid the prostate problems.

I never heard of Pred doing this, but it has so many weird effects nothing would surprise me. It made my teeth hot and cold sensitive. Still are, but not as bad.

Let us know what you find out.

Good Luck

Dan

thanks for help, ive just finished a dose of suppositorys with roids , which ones ?????. my gi says do, i try to do as she asks.prednizone makes me crazy. so she switched it up. take pentassa ,salofalk. i will be keeping my appointment