• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sick and tired

A

aquagirl900

Hi. My name is Jamie. I am 23 years old and have been suffering with Crohn's since I was 19. My first flare up had the complication of a fistula, and I was put on Remicaid...I went into remission for 3 years or so...this last year, end of 2007 and first 1/2 of 2008, I had a severe flare up resulting in a large, 7" abcsess, which had to be surgically removed along with a foot and a half of my intestines...I spent 40 days in the hospital from late April until the end of May...I still have some slight inflammation of my intestines and started Humira a month ago...

Welcome! Feel free to talk about anything here on the forum. We will try to help you the best we know how.

Hope the Humira is working for you.

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Hey aquagirl, welcome to the forum!
I had a only a 4 month remission on Humira, it worked fast though. How's it working for you so far? I start Remicade on Nov 10th. I hope it works for me like it did for you. 3 years of remission would be great about now.
Welcome again, feel better!

A

aquagirl900

It seems to be working...I don't feel so sick after I eat anymore...as long as i stay away from high fat foods...

My little sis spent 3 weeks in the hospital this summer as well..she's 20 now...was 189...she was dx with crohn's as well..and had strictures and also had to have a resection of the intestines...so it's been a rough summer for our familiy

40 days in the hospital?? arg. I hate hospital stays!
My family all has bowel problems too. Supposedly hereditary.
Hope you feel better on the new drug!

A

aquagirl900

Yeah, I was dx at 19, and my sis was just dx with it this summer at 19...I don't know about my mom's side of the family...she was adopted...and my dad we don't know who is father is...there are a lot of autoimmune in our familhy...psoriasis on both sides...ummm..my dad has bad acid reflux...my sis started out with acid reflux...