• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Finally in remission!!

After two years of flaring, I have a confirmed remission. But if I miss one injection, it comes right back (I delayed it last week due to a cold/laryngitis). Anyway, since I was still having horrible abdominal pain, I had an exploratory laparoscopy 2 weeks ago. Endometriosis has spread everywhere (I was diagnosed 7 years ago). So in 15 days, I'm having a total hysterectomy. :voodoo: Hoping the Crohn's stays in remission!

Currently on:
Remicade 10mg/kg every 6 weeks
Methotrexate 25mg/ml weekly
Lialda 4/day
Questran 1 scoop/day
Immodium 2/day

I still go 4-5 times a day, but my scope was perfect, other than a little scar tissue.

Congratulations on the good results from your scope! You definitely deserve to hear that good news, hopefully it lasts longer than your last remission!
Good luck with your hysterectomy - let that be the last of your issues.

Oh, it's not the last. I also have two tears in the ligament around my hip (labrum) that need to be surgically repaired as soon as I'm healed from this surgery. Maybe after that, I can live a somewhat normal life, not one filled with doctor visits, surgeries, physical therapy, etc. I think I average around 5 appointments per week. It's insane.

Let's put it this way then - hope your on the road to a recovery/remission in everything this holiday season :)

Angrybird

I am glad to hear that at least the tum is giving you a break at the moment, wishing you all the best with the upcoming op hun and please keep us updated on how you are doing.

Thats really good your in remission , its just a shame you have to go through all the rest of the surgery too . I hope you recover well and that the new year brings you lasting health and happiness.

Peter

remission:dance:

I hope your upcoming surgery goes well and takes care of all of your symptoms!!!

Last edited: