• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Getting Diagnosed

Hi All

I have been suffering with Bowel problems for about 10 years now and was alway stols that it was IBS and to just get on with it and take buscapan

after getting a rather nasty bout of Gastro i never got over it and for the past 3 months has contant diaarea pain 20 mins after eating anything lost over stone in 8 weeks and still loosing weight my appitite is pratically non exsistant im in contant discompfort or pain

Yesterday i had my first colonoscopy, which came back clear of Crohns

they tool biopsy and refered me for a MRI in 4 days time of the small bowel, i have been told all my symptoms are pointing towards Crohns i have to wait for them to find out where it is

is this normal or am i strange case of all the signs of Crohns but no show i suppose i just need to wait for the MRI results

any advice or simular stories would be greatfully recieved just i can put my mind at ease as i am worried that its either the big C or nothing at all and im just being paraniod
HELP!!!!!

Stacey
xxx

Angrybird

Hello Stacey and welcome to the forum.

Whilst my first scope showed lots of red angry inflammed bowel I know of many here who had a clear scope and it has been down the boipsies results and other tests to confirm the crohn's diagnosis. Some have had to have a pill cam because the problem lies higher up on the small bowel where the scope cannot reach. Hopefully the MRI and biopsies will be able to give you a definitive answer, please keep us updated on how you get on.

AB
xx

Thanks AB

i am hoping that i can aviod the endoscope and i will diagnosed from the MRI

the consultant is saying that i am an urgent case as my weight loss and symptoms are very concerning so hopefully i will be that much closer to getting sorted but pron not before xmas

ill keep you all posted

thanks for the response

xxx

Angrybird

Out of interest has the docs advised any type of diet to perhaps help with symptoms so you don't continue to loose the weight - perhaps even some special shakes so you can still get your calories in?

yerh i have a list of foods that i should stay away from and a list of foods that are ok
but its trial and error finding stuff that is ok
ie soup mash chicken orange juice plain foods
like i used to eat salads like it mad but now it causes the pain and sickness
but i have those ensure drinks for the perticular bad days but at the mo im living off mash soups chicken ect
xx

Hi all

well the MRI came back with no crohns detected in small bowel and biospy came back clear and nothing found in colon

im very confused as i still have all the symptoms and fell no better

the consultant wants me to go see a dietritian to check if its a food intolerence to do a exclustion diet, but there is not much food that dont effect me

i have been keeping a food anyway just to help myself and i have already excluded diary from my diet and still getting the symptoms

is this gonna take months to detect whats wrong as already had a colonoscopy and a MRI
Is there any other tests they can do to find out whats wrong with me

or is it all in my head !!!!!!!

as the pain the blood the bloating the sickness after i eat anything is not right

Thanks a million

Merry Christmas
Stacey
xxxx

Angrybird

Have you been tested for things like coeliac disease? When you have had bloods done did they check your inflammation levels? I am sorry to hear that you are still no further forward to getting an answer hun :(