Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Extra Intestinal Manifestations » Skin » Skin flare-ups related to stomach/bowels?

12-23-2012, 05:32 AM   #1
heatherb

My Support Groups:
Skin flare-ups related to stomach/bowels?

Hi

I'm new to all of this and currently due to have some tests done after Xmas for various things (lots of blood work and stool samples etc).

Basically since my stomach/bowels have been really bad over the past 6-8 months so has my skin. On my lower face I get really sore, dry spots that frequently crack and bleed. The doctor ordered some antibiotic cream for me but I can't get that until the surgery reopens on 7th January (frustrating!).

Has anyone else experienced this and think it's in some way related to other issues? I've had chronic diarrhea for about 6 or so months so could be due to malabsorption of vitamins/minerals - although I'm only speculating. I've never really had acne before - just the odd spot as a teenager, so it's a bit strange for me!

Thanks
Heather
12-23-2012, 06:05 AM   #2
afidz
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Hi heather!
I am not sure about the correlation between dry skin and Crohn's, have you been to a dermatologist?is it anywhere else? Does it appear to be raised or red at all?
Ankilosing Spondylitis
Inflammatory Arthritis

Failed meds:
Humira
Remicade
Asacol HD
Cimzia
Methotrexate
12-23-2012, 06:08 AM   #3
afidz
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Oh yea, not sure if i will be on chat very much in the next couple days, if I don't get to talk to you I hope you have a great Christmas!
12-23-2012, 06:15 AM   #4
heatherb

My Support Groups:
Hi it's red and sore but just on my face. Not been to a dermatologist though.

Hope you have a lovely Xmas!

H
12-23-2012, 06:22 AM   #5
afidz
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
I get sore patches like that on a few different places on my body, but I have always had very bad skin and attributed it to that. I have atopic dermatitis, excema and my mom thinks a little bit of psoriasis. There was a foam I had prescribed to me that really helped calm it down, I have to ask my mom what its called again ( I lost it and haven't really needed it) but I think its called versafoam.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Extra Intestinal Manifestations » Skin » Skin flare-ups related to stomach/bowels?