Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Extra Intestinal Manifestations » Arthritis » Anyone take Methotrexate for Crohn's and Arthritis

12-31-2012, 04:51 AM   #1
princesspea

What Med's have people been prescribed for Crohn's and Arthritis?

I have had Crohn's for a while (Dx oct 2011, but I had a previous Dx of Proctitis in 2000- which was always probably Crohn's). Now I have a Dx of Arthritis as well and am waiting to see the Rheumy. My questions are to those of you who have Crohn's and Arthritis;
1. What meds do they give you to control it?
2. a) What has been most effective? b) Any med put people into remission- how long for?
3. Anyone on Methotrexate for these conditions?

Thanks for sharing. Your help will be greatly appreciated!
Was on 26 tabs per day (too numerous to list) plus Humira. Then had full ileostomy in Sept 2011 and they took my meds down to just azathioprine. Dx also with arthritis in Nov 2012 and was put on salazopyrin.
Back on Humira (2013) as have dx of secondary (or maybe 1stly?) Spondylitis and Arthritis.

Last edited by princesspea; 12-31-2012 at 06:09 AM. Reason: to make title more relate to the topic
12-31-2012, 07:15 AM   #2
KayleighMeek
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi
I have crohn's colitis and I also have enteropathic arthritis. The meds I have been on so far for both are 6mp, aza, remicade and humira I had reactions to all of these. But remicade and humira worked for around a year before I had the reactions and they worked really well I wish I could go back to them. I am now on methotrexate 25mg a week and this seems to be working ok recently my arthritis flared again and I had steroid injections into my joints and a general one that helped and also added in sulfasalazine which I take twice a day. This is the closest I have been to remission I don't know if I definatley am there as I still get symptoms and my crp is still slightly raised but I am able to have an almost normal life on these meds.
X

Crohn's Disease Forum » Extra Intestinal Manifestations » Arthritis » Anyone take Methotrexate for Crohn's and Arthritis