• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My daughters story

Fabulous news MLS!! So lovely to hear.

How are you doing?

Hope all is okay and you are recovering from your surgery xxx

DustyKat

Super Moderator
^^^^+1!

Thanks for the update Mls, it surely is wonderful to hear that Lucy is doing well! :hug:

Dusty. xxx

Update
Since yesterday Lucy has been flaring
Her BM's yesterday 11 times
She not taking her feeds manged to get
2 out 8 feeds in her she complaining
Her if her tummy hurts and really tired.
This morning she woke up and said
Her legs hurt, crying for mummy to
Carry her down stairs...... That's a laugh
Can't can't even walk down stairs myself
I'm down on my bottom.
Thanks god my 11 year old could carry her.
Feels like its going to be one of those days.

Aw, bless her and your 11 year old! Sounds like they are a massive help to you right now.

(((HUGS)))) xxx

Yeah NIks it's a good job I've got my
Eldest otherwise I would be stuck.
The only thing is I feel so guilty
Having to ask her to do washing
Helping me with things that I should
Be doing ect..... After all she is still a child.

crohnsinct

Oh MLS! Don't feel that way. She has probably been feeling helpless with your illness and this gives her "something" she could do for you. Plus you are teaching her some excellent life skills;). I am sure that you are gushing over her about what a big help she is and all so she is feeling really good about herself and her importance. Let everyone do all they can for you. It truly makes them feel better and if it helps you on top of it a win/win.

Hoping that each day gets a little easier for you!

Yes ditto what CIC says at 11 they so want to be mature and grown up. She probably feels as if she is doing something to help you get well.

Absolutely agree!!! I am sure she loves being able to do somethings to help you both. (((HUGS)))) xxx

Triply agree with what everyone else said. Your older one is probably very happy to help and happy you are home! I am sorry Lucy is flaring again. Hopefully things will get back under control quickly.

Sorry to hear Lucy is struggling just now. Hope it may just be a virus that's causing things to flare up! Try not to worry about your 11 yr old having to help - you just have to do what needs doing to get through this period. I agree she is probably just really happy to have you at home - you can still sit and cuddle them!

CarolinAlaska

Holding It Together
I think in the end your 11 year old will be much better off for it. She will be a much more compassionate person and much more mature than her classmates.

I'm sorry Lucy is feeling poorly again. Just when you were saying how well she was doing :(. Hopefully this will be a passing bug :( <<<Hugs>>> to both of you.