Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Ulcerative Colitis Forum » This cure for chronic hives may be related to ulcerative colitis

01-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
freezulu

This cure for chronic hives may be related to ulcerative colitis

The following food allergy may have also been the cause of my ulcerative colitis since the cause is still unknown. Unfortunately, I had my colon removed in 2006, so I cannot confirm this theory:

I finally discovered that the unexpected cause of my chronic hives / urticaria was a food allergy to FRUCTOSE. I stopped eating/drinking high-fructose corn syrup and sugar (which is sucrose that digests into glucose and FRUCTOSE). No fruits or fruit juice either.

I am able to have any of the sugar substitutes.

Remember, you will find high-fructose corn syrup and sugar in MANY foods, drinks, and sauces such as tomato sauce, bbq sauce, and ketchup.

I believe it's a genetic-based allergy because my Mother and Grandmother both suffered from the same chronic hives. Sadly they are both deceased and I am bummed that I was never able to help them with my life-changing discovery. My Grandmother also had ulcerative colitis.

I sincerely hope this info helps cure many people suffering from chronic hives and ulcerative colitis.
01-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
Jennifer
Adminstrator

Care to provide any research/links for proof of the connection between the food allergy issue and UC freezulu?
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
01-02-2013, 11:02 PM   #3
freezulu

As I said in my original posting, this is just my personal theory. I'm simply expressing what has personally helped me with the hopes of helping others.

I would be surprised if there's any research out there on this because I discovered this root cause to my chronic hives 100% on my own with ZERO help from the medical community to include primary care physicians, dermatologists, allergists, and rheumatologists! Their business model is based upon on-going Rx treatment with return customers (patients) and not underlying cures.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Ulcerative Colitis Forum » This cure for chronic hives may be related to ulcerative colitis