Share Facebook

01-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #1
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Safe paleo foods

I am flaring really badly right now and feel like someone shot me in the intestines. What would you guys say are safe foods under a paleo protocol?

I have no appetite but I am thinking I need to force myself to eat something lest I lose another pound and dissapear.
01-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #2
ctrl z
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Ouch

Sweet potatoes with coconut oil sound good to you? I'm not sure if coconut oil is paleo though. I think it is.

Could mash some cauliflower also. Might be too much fiber though since you're flaring.

Do you like eggs?
01-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
Trevor

Bone broth would be my first go-to.

And it's not strictly paleo but white rice + well cooked salmon is all I ate for a solid two weeks when I was really sick and seemed to do the trick.

- Are you looking for a new treatment option for your Crohn's disease? If so, I suggest you look into the ongoing clinical trial by Qu Biologics for their SSI treatment. Click here for more information or to help spread the word.
01-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
I have been having bone broth and sweet potatoes. Coconut oil is paleo but it makes me run.

White rice I would avoid since it isn't paleo and very toxic. I'd consider a sprouted rice maybe.
01-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
hugh

My Support Groups:
White rice I would avoid since it isn't paleo and very toxic. I'd consider a sprouted rice maybe.
While i'm not saying you should eat rice, i disagree with the toxicity claim
I added it to my paleo diet and have found it fine, but an keepng rice down to about 10% of calories
Paul Jaminet, from the PHD diet recommends rice as the only safe grain.
They (PHD) started as paleo about 7 years ago and have refined it ever since and are pretty clued up http://perfecthealthdiet.com/about/

The Place of Rice in Our Diet

http://perfecthealthdiet.com/2011/06...ur-rice-habit/
Any food which is low in toxins can be included in our diet. Low toxicity is the key, because a missing nutrient can be obtained from other foods or from a multivitamin or supplement. But there are usually no antidotes to a toxic food.

Rice is very low in toxicity. Most rice toxins reside in the bran, so milled white rice is already low in toxins. The great majority of white rice toxins are destroyed in cooking.

As a result, cooked white rice is almost toxin free. Cliff worried about phytic acid, but the amounts in cooked white rice are small lower than almost all other seeds, nuts, grains, and legumes, and about one-twentieth the level found in such foods as sesame seeds, Brazilnuts, and pinto beans.