• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Chicken pox.

OH joy.... our youngest son had came out in chicken pox! Kian(big brother) had a blood test to check for his immunity to it when he was diagnosed and before he started 6mp and it showed he didnt need immunised. so should he be ok or should i be concerned?

Hi, hospital rang be back yesterday and had a look at his notes so kian will be fine, no need to worry, thank goodness. On the other hand my poor wee Ethan is covered in the chicken pox and hardly slept a wink last nite with the itchiness :( and thats with doing the bicarb baths and calamine, i suppose it will just run it course. x

That's a shame, I remember Andrew being covered head to toe in spots (8 on each eyelid) and being demented. Bicarb baths and calamine lotion smells lasted for days!
Have you tried Piriton, if he's allowed to take that, it should help with the itching.