Share Facebook

01-04-2013, 12:49 AM   #1
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Tests

I have never been to a rheumatologist but all my bones and joints hurt.

I have had a dexa scan in the past showing osteopenia.

What tests are usually done to diagnose joint disorders? I hope no cat or x ray and I can do a full body MRI.
01-04-2013, 01:49 AM   #2
Jennifer
Adminstrator

Hey nogutsnoglory. I've had x-rays done first but that's because its required by my insurance before and MRI is done. If you don't have that requirement, then by all means go for the MRI. An x-ray will show arthritis and they can tell the type from it yet they can also do the same with an MRI. There are blood tests that test for RA if you're looking for that. My x-rays and MRIs showed that I have osteoarthritis.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
01-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #3
araceli
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I know about one that is called Vectra D. is a blood test for arhtritis . Is very expensive and blood has to be sent to their labs in California. It was order for my son, unfortunately is only for people older than 18 years old. Best wishes.
Current meds.
Remicade since Nov. 2012
Supplements
5000 Vit. D, Multi-Vitamins with Iron
Currently in REMISSION :dance

Mom/ 16 boy
Amplified musculoskeletal pain
Prior. Prednisone, sulfasadine,
Currently. Celebrex, gabapentin, amitriptyline.