Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Remicade Club Support Group

07-18-2017, 02:15 AM   #3931
Scifimom

My Support Groups:
Hey Gram what about inflectra? I am on Inflectra for two years now, full remission no other medication needed, gained my weight back and generally I am fine. In Greece we have universal healthcare for everyone but with the recession and the memorandums etc hospitals had to cut back on their expenses, all new patients go directly to inflectra and old patients are ecouraged to switch too. As far as I have seen it has the same results as remicade . Its quite cheaper, its the biosimilar, since Remicade's substance was no longer protected by the patent. So its infliximab in another bottle. It may be worth looking in it.
07-21-2017, 03:49 PM   #3932
BrennieJoyce

My Support Groups:
I have a question about my Remicade treatment. I've had 3 treatments so far, and am scheduled for my fourth one next Friday. I haven't seen any improvement in my CD symptoms, and my flare was so bad I decided to go on another course of prednisone 2 weeks ago. My doctor has assured me that it is safe to get Remicade while on prednisone, but I saw online that it's not a good thing to do. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!
07-21-2017, 04:40 PM   #3933
More Than Pickles

My Support Groups:
I was on prednisone when I started Remicade because I was in a flare. I think I stopped/tapered the prednisone after my starter doses of Remicade were done. You should start to see improvement very soon, I did. Best of luck.
07-21-2017, 04:49 PM   #3934
Gram214

My Support Groups:
HI BrennieJoyce..yes I've taken prednisone off and on for too many years to count. For the past three 1/2 years I've taken it along with my Remicade infusions. I take a low dose constantly. And I'm given a booster of it in my IV before my actual Remicade treatment to prevent an allergistc reaction. I experienced hives and B/P problems once and ever since I get Benedryl and pred.beforehand.
I think your dr. Is trying to get you under control then I'm sure he'll taper you off . I'm sorry your Remicade hasn't kicked in yet. Try to just think positive thoughts..don't stress about it because this disease feeds off of stress ! Have faith..! 😊🙏🏻 If it doesn't do the trick..something else can be tried. Good luck my dear..XX
07-21-2017, 07:04 PM   #3935
BrennieJoyce

My Support Groups:
I was on prednisone when I started Remicade because I was in a flare. I think I stopped/tapered the prednisone after my starter doses of Remicade were done. You should start to see improvement very soon, I did. Best of luck.
Thank you!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Remicade Club Support Group