• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

People with a stoma...

... do you still find it hurts when you pass food through your body? Although the infected part of my large intestine was removed to ease the Crohn's, and I now have a stoma to give that time to heal, I find it very painful when food passes through that opening.

Hi Atraxia,

Sorry for the quite delayed response. I just had my ileostomy done four and a half weeks ago and I'm still getting used to it. I had some pain when passing stool for the first couple of weeks but that has stopped now. I don't think that pain is normal. It might be worth it to call your surgeon if you are still having this problem.

erin

I had an ilistomy for 3 months and can definately remember the initial pain of passing. Even though the nerve are cut so you do not feel it there is still a painful sensation. It will pass though. Just be careful of the bag leaking. I had a lot of external pain also due to leakage.