Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » IV iron infusion question

01-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
IV iron infusion question

I have to get iron infusions because my iron and hemoglobin are low. For those in the states what infusion were you put on? What were your iron and hemoglobin numbers before infusion like. How many infusions did you get and what were your #'s after?

Last edited by nogutsnoglory; 01-14-2013 at 09:56 AM.
02-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #2
jetay3

Hi there,
I have had a few IV infusions, I'm afraid I can't remember what it was called! I was about 6 (where the normal range is above 60). A few weeks after my most recent infusion, I had a blood test and was told my level was a bit TOO high!
Sorry i can't be more specific but hopefully it'll do good things to your energy levels - it certainly did for mine!
02-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
I feel my energy is coming back but I'm also losing alot of blood in my stool. I am testing to see if things changed in two weeks. Hopefully ill be ok.
02-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
lisakuney

My Support Groups:
I had Feraheme infusions, 2 a week apart. It took about 5-6 weeks for the energy level to come up. My Hgb and Hct were normal, but ferritin was 10 before them and energy so low.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » IV iron infusion question