• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New Member :)

Hello! I'm 19 and I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease exactly one month ago today after having problems for four years! I've been reading through all of the threads for the past month and learning about crohn's and I thought I'd finally join and post to say hi!

I'm doing okay! My doctor put me on prednisone and pentasa! I've found I can't tolerate eggs, dairy (lactose intolerant), and I'm also a celiac so finding foods to eat is kind of a pain! I still have some stomach gurgles and cramping, but it's a thousand times better than before.

:welcome:

It's great to hear that the meds are working for you. :thumright:

Diet is one of those things that each of us has to work out for him/herself. Many people find that keeping a food diary in the early days is helpful as sometimes it is difficult to know which component of a meal is the culprit. A food diary will show when a certain food recur on days of bad reaction.