12-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #31
David
Co-Founder

Welcome to the community adee. There is an excellent thread on medical marijuana for Crohn's disease located here that I suggest you read.

I agree with haunsdoger that diet is very important as well and many have had positive results from the SCD diet as well as other diets like paleo. Unfortunately, it is NOT the cure but every bit helps when it comes to working towards and then maintaining remission.
12-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #32
haunsdoger

Sorry to say David, I disagree to some extent. The word "cure" indicates that there is something to fix. That fix can be mental or physical. The diet reasoning is sound. The science behind the SCD diet is valid. Some believe there is no "cure" such as doctors and the pharma industry. You can not say it is NOT a cure. You can not say it is a cure. Nor can I. The goal is to feel better and to live without drugs - that is the goal. It is sad to know that some will not even attempt this diet because of your response. I can only express an experience.
12-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #33
David
Co-Founder

I absolutely believe there is a cure out there Here at Crohnsforum.com though, we're careful about the use of the word, "cure". If you would have said, "I HOPE I have found a way to the cure" I wouldn't have commented. But as you utilized, "HAVE" which is definitive, I felt the need to comment. Without confirmation by science, we just can't use definitive wording as that is misleading to people which isn't fair. Unfortunately, I can say that SCD isn't a cure because I haven't read any data that showcases someone maintaining deep, stable remission as a result of the SCD even when they stop the SCD. I DO believe that SCD can induce remission, however.

I would hope my statements doesn't push anyone away from trying the SCD or like-diets because, as I mentioned, I think they are an integral part of a well-rounded treatment plan. I absolutely believe they can help lead to remission in some people.
12-28-2013, 06:52 AM   #34
adee

So what would you call remission...? Having no symptoms at all, being able to eat what I want? I was diagnosed with this illness in Nov this year. And I still feel as if i'm in the dark age about everything.
12-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #35
David
Co-Founder

Hi adee. There are different forms of remission. We have a good wiki article on the different forms which you can read about by clicking here. I hope that helps
10-04-2017, 11:57 PM   #36
mbjah808

Interesting read. My doc says no research to support cannabis helps, however I find that it did take the pain away when I had it from Crohn's. Now that I am on Imuran I feel dizzy if I use cannabis. I feel slight Vertigo and weird dizzy spells on the reg now WITHOUT using cannabis also. That makes me more bummed then the Crohn's itself. I am hoping that my body chills out. Been on Imuran for 8 months.

Any similar experiences out there?