• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just here to meet people with Crohn's Disease like me!

M

matrix0827

My Crohn's story is very long, spanning half of my life. It all started when I was 15 years old, I was beginng the ninth grade and began getting alot of abdominal pain. My appitite dwendled down to nothing and over six months I got down to 65 pounds. I went to doctor after doctor and they said it was just a nervous stomach. A few more months went by but it only got worse. My aunt heard about this doctor in Bermingham, Alabama who delt with this sort of pain. Me and my family took the long road trip from South Carolina to Alabama in August 1992 a few days after my 16th birthday. When we got there the doctor diagnosed me in 30 minutes. By that time I needed major surgery, for the surgery the doctor had to remove 2 feet of my small and large intestine, 1 foot of small and 1 foot of large. He had to also repair a fistula that developed. In 1997 I had a abcess that developed in my small intestine which healed with time and a year of antibiotics. From that year on I was an inpatient in the hospital a couple of times each year. In 2002 a week after my son was born I had to have another bowel resection. Also this time they took 2 feet, same as the first surgery a foot of each. In January 2007 I developed Avascular Nucrosis in both my hips and had them both replaced, one August and one in September of 2007. Until a month ago everything was going until the AVN moved to my left knee which now has acute AVN. It will need replacement soon. Every Crohn's patient knows that AVN can develop in people with Crohn's. As for my Crohn's disease it is in remission for now, thank goodness!
I am hoping to meet people like me. I would like to meet a woman who has crohn's disease like me, who can understand what I am going through.

Last edited:
Hello!
I'm another Crohnie who has suffered for many years, but
just recently diagnosed. Sorry to hear you've been through so much,
pretty much everyone here on this forum have been through some
tough times, but that's what is so great about this forum, we can
all complain and share our stories and experiences!
Welcome! :)

welcome matrix!
you said that youre hoping to meet people like you, and i think you'll find some great support in this forum.
I've also never heard of AVN, sounds like its rough though
my best to you! :)

C

catfud

Hello and welcome to the forums you will find lots of support here from many wonderful people.

I'm also curious about AVN :)

Hi there Matrix, sorry I haven't said hello before but I haven't been well. I havent been on this forum long but I can tell you it's got lots of great people on here who will understand where you are coming from. Sounds like you've been through a lot, like a lot of people here.

I havent heard of AVN, but I do get pain in my hips along with my knees and ankles and neck, elbows and wrists. The docs say it is a type of arthritis that goes along with Crohns. I aslo have nerve damage, which makes walking hard so I use a granny frame. Its been hard to accept but at least I can still walk.

Take care and keep on posting here. Great to meet you.

Greetings Matrix
You will find alot of women and men of course who can give you their advise
and experience with this roller coaster of a ride disease that we all have.

I have never herd of AVN either!