• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Undiagnosed completely, any suggestions?

I went to the hospital late December and was diagnosed with diverticulitis. However this week my symptoms have taken a left turn... Now I have 6-10 bowel movements daily and it burns a bit when I go. Also, looking at it, it's not diarrhea as I would previously describe it, but there is a liquid aspect to it, though it is solid. I don't have medical insurance, but need to figure this out before it gets worse... Thank you all for any help or advice.

B576,

Welcome to the forum. I just read recently that diverticulitis has many of the same symptoms as Crohns. I know diet really is important with diverticulitis. No seeds whatsoever (which I am sure you already know).

There are no real doctors on this site, but we will give you all the support and help that we can from our own experiences.

You might try the all liquid diet for a while (Enterin) or we have a member who is a big advocate in juicing: Gianni.

I wish I could help more. If you do a search in the forum for diverticulitis, you will find more conversations about it.
wishing you the best.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome to the forum b576!

Sorry to hear about your recent troubles. Ideally it would be best to see a medical practitioner.

Have you looked into if any programs that may exist in Pennsylvania for providing free (or discounted) medical care for people without medical insurance?

If your symptoms just changed recently, it is possible that you just might have caught a stomach flu or something similar also. It is important to keep monitoring this of course though.

If you are experiencing a lot of bowel movements it is important that you stay hydrated and are getting sufficient electrolytes (so drink more than just plain water). Trying a more liquid diet (that contains sufficient calories) might ease up on the amount of bowel movements you have also. Some people also try the BRAT diet (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast) for a short period of time to try and stop the frequency of bowel movements.

Please keep us updated.

David

Co-Founder
Greetings and welcome :)

I'm sorry to hear of your struggles :( That must be terrible.

What tests did they perform that allowed them to diagnose diverticulitis?

All my best to you.