• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Can you describe your pain?

Depends on whats happening. I can tell the difference between stricture pain and inflammatory pain. Stricture pain is like an ache (like you need to stretch out the area to make it feel better).

Inflammatory pain feels a little more severe. Comes in waves, hurts when you eat, a sharper pain, usually I'd double over for a minute or two, then be okay. But it never completely went away.

Bowel perforation pain is HORRIBLE. Sharp, pointy, pain attack... does not go away at all, localized to the spot.

Pain in the lower right side is usually terminal ileum involvement or appendix. But I have upper left side pain which is my splenic flexure pain.

Terriernut

We all have pain at different times, in different places. I don't think any of us are the same with pain tolerance either.

I've had fistulas through my fallopian tube, strictures, blockages, and perforation. The pains are different. But damn they hurt!

Wow, you had a fistula through your fallopian tube?? That is scary. I just back from the ER, I went to the Emergency last night due to being in severe lower abdominal pelvic pain. I also have been having pinkish vaginal discharge for a couple months now. They did a CT scan ( with intraveinous contrast) and it did not show anything. It did however show that I had uterine fibroids which the doctor failed to mention to me! I read it on my report myself. I just wonder because of all the intestinal pains I am getting if I have some sort of fistula. But this ER doc seems to think If I had crohns something would have showed up on my CT scan and the MRE of the small bowel I had 2 months ago. But now I am wondering. I had no idea you could get a fistuala through your lady parts( uterus, tubes ovaries etc.). That is scary. Is that common??

We all have pain at different times, in different places. I don't think any of us are the same with pain tolerance either.

I've had fistulas through my fallopian tube, strictures, blockages, and perforation. The pains are different. But damn they hurt!

Terriernut

Thru the fallopian tube, not common. Vaginal or anal can be common. It was due to the stricture in my sigmoid that caused it. Not comfortable exactly...no!

I have sharp and stinging pain from a rectal fissure after bm's. Also after bm's I have a constant pain in the center abdominal area, as well as cramping in that same area. After eating I get cramping in the center abdominal area. My gut is also usually tender to the touch in the lower abdomen, and on the lower right side.

I use prescription pain meds daily for these chronic pains. Generally the pain starts about 6 months after a resection and gradually gets worse. Until the stricture is so bad that I cannot take the discomfort any longer, or the dr thinks it's time to remove it.