Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Cimzia/Certolizumab » Cimzia lasting only 3 weeks?

01-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
bellewis

Cimzia lasting only 3 weeks?

After my husbands shots, he feels good for about three weeks, then the joint pains start kicking in and his crohns pain pops up, then he has to wait a week to get his injection. I am worried it will cause the medicine to quit working completely. Are there others who get sick again before shot time, and what do you do for it?

Thanks, Renee
01-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
ThanksP

That happened to me and my doc had me go to one shot every two weeks. Maybe he could try something along those lines.
01-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
Crohn's Mom

My Support Groups:
Same thing happened to my daughter - she was also switched to one shot every two weeks.

I would definitely have your husband check Into something like that with his doctor
and Austin (18)
DX: Crohn's 7/2013
01-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #4
bellewis

Thanks! I am glad to hear that helped!
01-22-2013, 04:57 AM   #5
Jer
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Same as the above, I switched to one shot ever other week, then to 2 shots every other week.

Sadly, I don't feel as though it's worked for me........the Cimzia at all I mean.
01-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
bellewis

I am sorry to hear that Jer I hope you find something that helps you. Cimzia is my husbands last resort. I dont know what to do next...
01-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #7
cleuger

My Support Groups:
Yeah Cimzia has worked well for me but I can tell when Im due for my shot. The last couple of nights Ive woke up to joint pain in my hips and now my side is hurting like it did before I was diagnosed. I get my shot Sunday thank god but since I no longer take prednisone I feel it when it gets close to time for my shot.

I would like to make note that I never had joint paint before I was diagnosed it makes me wonder all this medicine they put me on may have some contribution to it.

Diagnosed 10/02/2012 Crohns Colitis
05/28/14 Surgery Abscess due to Fistula
09/18/2014 Surgery Total Proctocolectomy
rectum removed and closed up.
Best Decision I ever made.

Gastro Released me said I didn't need meds any longer

Have 3 kids only 1 at home 17 yr old is Type 1 Diabetic

Currently Taking
Tramadol
Xanax
Multi Vitiman
01-31-2013, 12:49 PM   #8
bellewis

Yeah Cimzia has worked well for me but I can tell when Im due for my shot. The last couple of nights Ive woke up to joint pain in my hips and now my side is hurting like it did before I was diagnosed. I get my shot Sunday thank god but since I no longer take prednisone I feel it when it gets close to time for my shot.

I would like to make note that I never had joint paint before I was diagnosed it makes me wonder all this medicine they put me on may have some contribution to it.
I think my husband would agree with you. It is always when he wakes up, he finds it difficult to move his arms. He is going to try one shot tomorrow and one two weeks from now. I sure hope this helps!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Cimzia/Certolizumab » Cimzia lasting only 3 weeks?