Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Fever while on Remicade?

01-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
KristinaEli

Fever while on Remicade?

I started remicade roughly three months ago. Since day one I've been great with it. I'm usually a very sickly person and, despite my immune system being suppressed I haven't gotten sick at all. I just finished up the loading phase and on Valentines day I'm due for my 4th infusion. This is my first 8 week stretch without it and I've been handling it pretty well until this morning. I haven't been sleeping right at all, and I woke up this morning with a sore throat and a 100 degree fever. I was wondering, is it okay to have a fever while on remicade? I've read that a fever indicates a reaction to the remicade, but is that true? Isn't it a bit late for that? I've also been a little sniffly and sneezy lately. I think I might just be coming down with my first bug while on remicade.

Current meds:
Humira 2x Monthly

Failed meds:
Entocort
Asacol
Pred Forte
Durezol
Bentyl
Remicade
Cimzia
01-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
It sounds like you may be coming down with a bug vs having any type of reaction. Usually a reaction to the drug will occur within the first 1-3 days of the infusion.

I've had colds, fevers etc while on Ramicde, all have been just that - some type of bug. On a good note - even though my daughter was sick before Christmas with whatever bug was going around (101 plus temp etc)...I never got sick!

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Fever while on Remicade?