Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Mental Health Support » Wellbutrin- did it make you anxious?

01-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
anomiidae

Wellbutrin- did it make you anxious?

Thinking of trying Wellbutrin for depression. Also some pilot studies showing influence on TNF similar to monoclonal antibodies... In any case, side effect mentioned most is anxiety. Hoping to hear experiences, did it work? Did it cause/worsen anxiety? Is the trade off worth it?
Surgery: 8 cm stricture from terminal ileum w/ ileocecal valve removed 8/2012
Least favorite CD activity: colonoscopy
01-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
lisakuney

My Support Groups:
It didn't worsen mine. I became seriously depressed from Lyrica, and Wellbutrin had me right as rain within a few days. However, full disclosure: I was already on med for anxiety. Wellbutrin is well known for having the fewest/mildest side effects of the commonly prescribed antidepressants. It also has the least impact on the libido, unlike many antidepressants. My go-to resource of choice for the straight scoop on mental meds is www.crazymeds.us, after reading drugs.com and webmd.com, etc. It was a good fit for me, but it depends on the balance between seratonin/dopamine/norepinephrine your body needs. Sometimes you have to try a few before you find what works for you. Don't get discouraged if the first one doesn't work and think that none of the will. Just trust your doctor, and don't be afraid to call them to say you are having side effects. Give them time to kick in, but if the side effects are aggravating, let the doc know so they can adjust accordingly.
01-24-2013, 12:39 AM   #3
tots

My Support Groups:
it has worked really well me!
I can honestly say, I am not sure what shape I would be in
without it!!

lauren

Diagnosed= 1992 and again Feb 2012 Confirmed with
CT enterography May 2015 !!

Waiting for the ok from my Ins company to restart Remicade. Will also start Imuron to get into remission!
I know it's out there somewhere and I WILL find it!

:

Ok, my family Dr told me to cut down on the stress- a husband, 3 kids, and 3 dogs!
01-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
lisakuney

My Support Groups:
I forgot to mention that I have been completely off all meds for anxiety (except for the occasional pre-op Xanax) for months now, and have had no recurrence of anxiety.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Mental Health Support » Wellbutrin- did it make you anxious?